Author Topic: Traitor  (Read 134 times)

KURUPTION-81

Traitor
« on: August 07, 2007, 07:26:22 AM »
Gabriel Heinze will take his dispute with Manchester United to a Premier League arbitration panel next week regarding his wish to leave the club.
The Argentine wants to join Liverpool and claims he has a letter from United which would allow him to leave if a club offered a fee of £6.8m.

However, United insist they made it clear Heinze would not be permitted to join one of their title rivals.

Heinze, 29, has two years still remaining on his United contract.

Despite the row over his future he has vowed to "carry on like a professional" and is continuing pre-season training with the Old Trafford club.

And he met manager Sir Alex Ferguson at United's Carrington training ground yesterday to discuss his future, having confirmed he has brought in lawyers to try to force through a move to Anfield.

Previously United chief executive David Gill said he was happy the club was in the right.

"He is a contracted player for two years and unless we receive an offer which is acceptable to us as a club, he will remain with us," he said.

Gill says that prior to Liverpool revealing their interest, he verbally informed Heinze's agent that United would not be prepared to sell him to any of their three major domestic rivals.

That conversation is thought to have been recorded, and if so, could feasibly be used as evidence if the matter ended up in court.

Ferguson believes Heinze's representatives have unsettled the defender.

"I think that if we could take away the agent's role in this I don't think an awful lot is wrong with Gabi's position at the club," said Ferguson.

"We've looked after Gabi very well. He had his cruciate knee operation and we looked after him.

"We let him do his rehabilitation in Spain, which he wanted and I think he's delighted at how we've treated him. We've conducted ourselves in a way that suited Gabi perfectly."

But Heinze, who signed from Paris St Germain in 2004, is thought to be keen to leave, and the large Spanish-speaking contingent at Anfield may be an attraction.

If he did end up at Liverpool, Heinze would become the first player to go directly from Old Trafford to Anfield since Phil Chisnall in 1964.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6912488.stm

Heinze is quoted as saying, "I've spoken with the coach and I have insisted that my wish is to leave the club if a big offer appears on the table.

"Today the only such offer is from Liverpool and it is this that is causing the problem. Earlier in the summer I received a promise from United that I could leave if the deal was good for both parties and at the moment there is an offer from Liverpool.

"The coach is serious about this and I understand his view. But I am serious, too. My lawyers are studying the situation and I'm going to wait for a few days now to get a full report from them.

"All I want now is a swift solution to this saga. I've fulfilled my duties by returning for training and I will now carry on behaving like a professional. I will keep on coming to training and will see what happens. I have a muscle injury in my leg but it is only minor and will not keep me out for long.

"People keep saying that there's an offer for me from Juventus but I know nothing about it. Liverpool is the only offer so far. I don't want to spend time at the club just waiting and not playing as I don't think that is in the best interests of the club or myself."

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:38:09 AM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Re: Traitor
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 07:46:09 AM »
RENT BOYS ON TOUR  ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:51:03 AM »
RENT BOYS ON TOUR  ;D

its wembley mate, dont think city have been there for a while  ;)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 01:02:11 PM »
Yeah your right
But when we do get there we wont be doing this with each other

WTF

:D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 08:42:02 AM »
Yeah your right
But when we do get there we wont be doing this with each other

WTF

:D

damn, feel sorry for those kids near by. There were some right idiots at the game, a few near where i was sitting . Smashed out of there face, acting like twats, i saw a few get thrown out.