Author Topic: John Forte - Poly Sci  (Read 240 times)

KURUPTION-81

John Forte - Poly Sci
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
Some of the younger members of the forum may not recognise the name but he used to room with Talib Kweli at college and was a close affiliate of the fugees. Anyway his life was forever changed in July of 2000. He agreed to transport a package that he believed held money but in fact contained liquid cocaine, and in turn was arrested on a drug trafficking charge.

He was sentanced to 14 years.

I only own his album poly sci , ive always thought it was really underrated. I havent seen it mentioned on here and was wandering what people thought of it.

I never picked up his second album as he didnt rap on it.

Those interested should check out his myspace page and listen to PBE its pretty much a reflection of the poly sci album.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=25018214

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

Re: John Forte - Poly Sci
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:35:46 AM »
uppin, some people must have bought this album back in the day

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:21:40 AM »
I never bought the album, but his "Flash the Message" joint with the "99 Luft Balloons" Sample was the shit back in the day.
My Future Wife:

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 10:19:08 AM »
All I know about him is that he held his own pretty good on that Rumble In The Jungle track with Busta, Tribe and Fugees

Who produces on this?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 11:52:40 AM »
I remember John Forte.  Loved him on The Carnival album.  Shit, I didn't know he got sent to prison.  That's so fucked up.

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »
the "package he thought held money was filled with cocaine instead" sounds a bit fishy lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »
John Forte is dope. His first album is a more striaght-ahead hip hop album, but I think his second album is his defining piece of work as an artist. Its one of my favorite albums.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
the "package he thought held money was filled with cocaine instead" sounds a bit fishy lol
yea lmao of course he knew it was coke..

i remember dude and rumble in tha jungle is a good song

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »
All I know about him is that he held his own pretty good on that Rumble In The Jungle track with Busta, Tribe and Fugees

Who produces on this?

Poly sci has 14 tracks, 11 produced by john forte, 1 by wyclef, 1 by Salaam Remi and 1 by a guy named Minnesota.

John Forte is dope. His first album is a more striaght-ahead hip hop album, but I think his second album is his defining piece of work as an artist. Its one of my favorite albums.

so its worth picking up ? i was put off when i heard he werent rapping on it.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »
Nice thread... I wasn't into this dude when he came out, because I was only 16 back then and his record was a little more mature than I was probably ready for.  Also, I was turned off by the lead single, because that was when sample's were gettin hated on and the track seemed a little strange.

Anyway, I checked out his MySpace page, he had a really great song on there called "Harmonize" I wish I could get an MP3.  Does anybody have any of his stuff so they can hook me up?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »
I was just viewing his myspace page more extensively, and I realized that he is a political prisoner.  Let me explain why...

When Harry Browne was running as the Libertarian presidential candidate in 96 and 2000 he promised that if he was elected president, that he would issue an unconditional pardon all non-violent drug offenders immediately after being sworn in while he was still standing at the podium!

People should be in prison for the harm they do to others, no for non-violent drug offenses.  This causes our prisons to be overcrowded with people like John Forte, who are wonderful and talented young people.  It is really unfortunate that our society loses so many of them.

Peace.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
This song "Harmonize" on his site is bangin!!  A 10!!  Is there anyway to put songs from myspace on replay?