Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 171412 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football Thread
« Reply #4740 on: October 14, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »
Turkey v. Croatia 8)looking forward to that. looks like it's gonna be a heated confrontation. i think Croatia's gonna win though.

Yeah let's hope Croatia goes through. Damn Turks!

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4741 on: October 14, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
I'd be worried if I was supporting Portugal or Czech Republic though, both Bosnia and Montenegro are tough games. Both sides have had a great qualifying campaign. Portugal should already be disappointed they've needed a playoff game for starters though. Especially from that group.
Portugal will be fine. Czech are a very poor team and Montenegro will defeat them. Portugal will be disappointed but the reason they're in this position doesn't have much to do with current form. Yes they played bad at Denmark, but that's a tough rough road game. Prior to that, they had won 5 qualifiers in a row.  They will defeat Bosnia.

The reason they are in this position has more to do with how they started the campaign - with a 4-4 home tie to Cyprus and 1-0 road defeat to Norway; all because we had major problems going on with our coach and president (Quieroz and Madail). Since those two games, Quieroz was fired and we've been in much better form under Bento.

Quieroz was a disaster from the start tbh.

I think you're being a bit laid back and overconfident considering though. I do think you'll win...as you should, but still its a tougher draw than it may seem and it'll still take a top performance to ensure qualification. I've not seen Portugal play as genuinely well as they can for quite some years now, which is surprising considering how good your team is. Hopefully you can make a splash at the Euros because you'd certainly be a dark horse.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4742 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:11 PM »
Turkey v. Croatia 8)looking forward to that. looks like it's gonna be a heated confrontation. i think Croatia's gonna win though.

I'm rooting for Turkey simply because they're always exciting in the finals. They were the best team to watch (well...apart from Spain of course) at the last Euros when you look at the matches they played...the 3-2 win over Czech Rep, the Penalty thriller vs Croatia, the semi-final vs Germany...

Invincible

« Reply #4743 on: October 14, 2011, 06:17:35 PM »

I'm rooting for Turkey simply because they're always exciting in the finals. They were the best team to watch (well...apart from Spain of course) at the last Euros when you look at the matches they played...the 3-2 win over Czech Rep, the Penalty thriller vs Croatia, the semi-final vs Germany...

Lets not forget their journey in World Cup 2002. A nice 3rd place finish.

Lunatic

« Reply #4744 on: October 14, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »
I'd be worried if I was supporting Portugal or Czech Republic though, both Bosnia and Montenegro are tough games. Both sides have had a great qualifying campaign. Portugal should already be disappointed they've needed a playoff game for starters though. Especially from that group.
Portugal will be fine. Czech are a very poor team and Montenegro will defeat them. Portugal will be disappointed but the reason they're in this position doesn't have much to do with current form. Yes they played bad at Denmark, but that's a tough rough road game. Prior to that, they had won 5 qualifiers in a row.  They will defeat Bosnia.

The reason they are in this position has more to do with how they started the campaign - with a 4-4 home tie to Cyprus and 1-0 road defeat to Norway; all because we had major problems going on with our coach and president (Quieroz and Madail). Since those two games, Quieroz was fired and we've been in much better form under Bento.

Quieroz was a disaster from the start tbh.

I think you're being a bit laid back and overconfident considering though. I do think you'll win...as you should, but still its a tougher draw than it may seem and it'll still take a top performance to ensure qualification. I've not seen Portugal play as genuinely well as they can for quite some years now, which is surprising considering how good your team is. Hopefully you can make a splash at the Euros because you'd certainly be a dark horse.
Yes, he was a disaster. Under him, Portugal played fantastically disciplined defense (only allowed 1 goal in 4 games at the world cup)  but horrible offense (scored in only game of four - granted it was 7 goals vs korea lol).

Bosnia will also be missing 75% of there starting defenders for the first leg -- at home -- when the main goal is to not concede. Also will be missing 50% of that defense for the second leg. They also have 9 players entering the first leg a yellow card away from missing the second leg -- surely a few of those will pick up yellows.

With Pepe & Coentrao back, we're a different team than the one we fielded at Denmark.

It won't be easy, but I say there's a 90% chance we win.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4745 on: October 15, 2011, 01:32:37 AM »

Lets not forget their journey in World Cup 2002. A nice 3rd place finish.

I just can't stand (some of ) their players. Cheating bastards.

kemizt

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4746 on: October 15, 2011, 02:33:56 AM »
Its a shame none of the other British countries made it to the Euro's, I want to see Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland in a major tournement. I suppose it would be nice if Ireland got in through the play offs, thats a nice friendly rivalry too (In football terms of course, not politically in historical terms).

fuck scotland and fuck andy murray. i hope they never reach a major tournament again...

Rep of Ireland made it into the play off's, i hope they make it through after that sham against france last time. Thierry "cheating bastard" Henry.

Personally I'd have much preferred to see Scotland go through over Ireland. But yeah, fuck andy murray.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4747 on: October 15, 2011, 10:30:08 AM »
What was Rooney thinking with that tackle which gave him that red card? Stoooopid.

kemizt

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4748 on: October 15, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
What was Rooney thinking with that tackle which gave him that red card? Stoooopid.

I was fucking fuming. Not only does he miss the whole group stage now, but I had £20 on an England win in that game and his red card basically lost me that dough. Would have doubled up aswell. Dickhead.

In a way I'm glad he won't play because I feel like he doesn't DESERVE to be there after what he's done. he was shit in the World Cup and his red card in the Portugal game back in the 2006 WC partially cost us also.

That said, I can guarantee when it comes to the Euros next summer and if we get a tough group and have to play Darren Bent and Andy Carroll upfront, if they don't do well everyone will be desperate for him to play.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4749 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55:38 AM »
I wish Rooney would retire from international football ,same goes for the other united players.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4750 on: October 16, 2011, 07:31:32 AM »
I wish Rooney would retire from international football ,same goes for the other united players.

So do I, maybe I'd like the national team a bit more. There would be less dickheads in it.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #4751 on: October 16, 2011, 07:55:42 AM »

So do I, maybe I'd like the national team a bit more. There would be less dickheads in it.

in a way im glad he got the 3 game ban... the guys a complete idoit, he needs to finally learn a lesson about how he conducts himself on the pitch, he's 25 now he should no a lot better...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4752 on: October 16, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »
RvP10  8) 8)

kemizt

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape