Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 174363 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #675 on: January 23, 2008, 01:14:32 PM »
To be fair, Wenger started Gallas, Sagna, Eduardo and Hleb last night and Fabregas was also brung on through injury plus Adebayor. That team should not have been beaten 5 - 1 by Spurs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:18:38 PM by Sick-Boy »

The Maestro

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #676 on: January 23, 2008, 01:45:33 PM »
To be fair, Wenger started Gallas, Sagna, Eduardo and Hleb last night and Fabregas was also brung on through injury plus Adebayor. That team should not have been beaten 5 - 1 by Spurs.

He didn't have a choice. African Cup of Nations has stolen Song, Eboue and Toure (I doubt he woulda played though). Norwegian youngster Nordtveit was supposed to get his 1st debut, but he played for the Reserves Monday, so that was out of the question. Plus we got Djorou, Senderos and van Persie injuried.

Fabianski
Hoyte -    Djorou   - Senderos/Nordtveit - Traore

Eboue -    Song    -     Denilson           - Diaby

Bendtner - Walcott

...woulda been the obviously starting if it wasn't for the aforementioned happenings.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:51:48 PM by K.Dub »

kemizt

bez

« Reply #677 on: January 25, 2008, 04:07:44 AM »
Everton really should of done better against Chelski. We suck at playing the big teams at the moment. We pretty much equel them out of the game but have trouble actually finishing the game off. Its happened at Chelsea, Aresenal and Man Utd and even Liverpool this season. Sucks.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #678 on: January 27, 2008, 11:55:40 AM »
pretty tough game today, if i was a spurs fan i wouldnt be too dispondant.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2008, 02:36:43 AM »
Indeed, we were a defender who can judge the flight of the ball away from a good result.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #680 on: January 28, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »
^ yup, if jenas would have been more composed with his chance in the 55th, it could have been a very different game. but never mind:

5th Round Ties  8)

Manchester United - Arsenal
Chelsea - Huddersfield
Liverpool - Barnsley
Sheffield United - Middlesbrough
Preston - Portsmouth
Coventry - West Brom
Cardiff - Wolves
Bristol Rovers - Southampton

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #681 on: January 28, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »
^^^Altho it wud hav been easier 2 play a lower division team, Im not really that fussed we got arsenal, will b a gud game anyway. Its gud as well that lower division teams will get the chance 2 progress a bit further!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #682 on: January 28, 2008, 03:16:53 PM »
As long as we were at home i wasnt concerned who we got, looking forward to the match.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »
keegan has certainly brought goals to newcastles matches

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #684 on: January 29, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »
LOL! Yep, how many they conceded since he bin back?!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #685 on: January 30, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »
Ronaldo just fired in an absolute belter. Oh and Hutton went to Spurs for 9 million, seeing as he has only came good these lst 6 months i think its crazily over priced, but maybe in 3 years it will look like a bargain. Talk of him being long term replacement for Gary Neville.

The Maestro

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #686 on: January 30, 2008, 02:00:23 PM »
GREAT WIN!!!  8)

We played some beautiful football today....anderson, nani, tevez and hargreaves were dominating portsmouth in the last 10 minutes, some great skill by anderson...

...oh and I almost forgot....IT'S THAT BOY RONAAALDO!!!  :D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #687 on: January 30, 2008, 05:16:20 PM »
I was desperate for anderson to score at theend but it wasnt to be.

Great freekick from ronaldo !

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #688 on: January 31, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »
Pretty quiet trasnfer window with only about half an hour left. Come on Celtic sign a center half!

PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFER TRACKER:
In: Bolton (Rasiak), Derby (Carroll, Stubbs), Everton (Gardner), Fulham (Kallio, Litmanen, Stalteri), Man City (Mancini), Middlesbrough (Alves), Sunderland (Reid), Wigan (Hagen), Tottenham (Gilberto)
Out: Arsenal (Gibbs, Randall), Bolton (Wilhelmsson, Michalik), Chelsea (Grant), Derby (Bywater, Nyatanga), Everton (Stubbs, Anderson de Silva), Fulham (Cook, Davis), Man City (Dabo, Miller), Middlesbrough (M Bates), Newcastle (Rozenhal), Reading (Henry, Pearce, Cox), Sunderland (Halford), Tottenham (Stalteri, Gardner)

And also Barry Robson to Celtic and Steven Davis to TFOD.

Rumours i've heard of, probably from crap sources, are Sidwell to Everton,, Quaresma and Aimar to LIverpool, Berbatov to Man Utd, Defoe to Pompy, Cassano or Saviola & Downing to Spurs, Hypia to Celtic, Carsten Janker to SOuthampton, Fletcher to Birmingham, Stephen Hunt to Sunderland, Mascherano to Barca and Crouch to NEwcastle. Wonder how many of thse wil happen?

The Maestro

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #689 on: January 31, 2008, 04:01:23 PM »
Pretty quiet trasnfer window with only about half an hour left. Come on Celtic sign a center half!

PREMIER LEAGUE TRANSFER TRACKER:
In: Bolton (Rasiak), Derby (Carroll, Stubbs), Everton (Gardner), Fulham (Kallio, Litmanen, Stalteri), Man City (Mancini), Middlesbrough (Alves), Sunderland (Reid), Wigan (Hagen), Tottenham (Gilberto)
Out: Arsenal (Gibbs, Randall), Bolton (Wilhelmsson, Michalik), Chelsea (Grant), Derby (Bywater, Nyatanga), Everton (Stubbs, Anderson de Silva), Fulham (Cook, Davis), Man City (Dabo, Miller), Middlesbrough (M Bates), Newcastle (Rozenhal), Reading (Henry, Pearce, Cox), Sunderland (Halford), Tottenham (Stalteri, Gardner)

And also Barry Robson to Celtic and Steven Davis to TFOD.

Rumours i've heard of, probably from crap sources, are Sidwell to Everton,, Quaresma and Aimar to LIverpool, Berbatov to Man Utd, Defoe to Pompy, Cassano or Saviola & Downing to Spurs, Hypia to Celtic, Carsten Janker to SOuthampton, Fletcher to Birmingham, Stephen Hunt to Sunderland, Mascherano to Barca and Crouch to NEwcastle. Wonder how many of thse wil happen?

Sidwell, Deofe, Downing, Hyppiä, Jancker, Fletcher, Hunt are all forseeable transfers.

Gibbs and Randall are loaned out to Norwich and Burnley, btw.

kemizt