Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 172206 times)

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1590 on: September 30, 2008, 01:41:27 PM »
Berbatov's first goals for United  8)

Elano

« Reply #1591 on: October 01, 2008, 01:02:11 AM »
BATE JUVENTUS 2-2

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1592 on: October 01, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »
any psv fans in here??predictions for tonight??

Elano

« Reply #1593 on: October 01, 2008, 06:24:22 AM »
Chelsea enjoying newfound freedoms of Luiz Felipe Scolari's relaxed regime

In less than three months in charge of Chelsea, Luiz Felipe Scolari has energised the club by giving members of his squad licence to express themselves and it seems that his respect for personal freedoms also applies off the pitch. The Chelsea manager revealed yesterday that his players are free to do as they wish on their days off, whether it be indulging in wine, women or song, because he has no wish to police their social lives.

It is difficult to envisage José Mourinho allowing John Terry to have a post-match beer with Stoke City fans, as the Chelsea captain did at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday evening, but Scolari runs a more relaxed regime. Terry's willingness to engage those who were abusing him did him great credit, with a bottle of Stella Artois the least he deserved for his troubles, as Scolari recognises.

The Brazilian is partial to the odd drink and, as he brought training to a close yesterday by conducting shooting practice in the foothills of the Transylvanian Alps, it appeared that his laid-back approach was working. “I was most impressed with the fact that John had the character to confront the Stoke fans and make it up with them,” Scolari said. “The day after the players play in Chelsea, they are free. I am not a policeman.”

Petr Cech confirmed that the players are revelling in their newfound freedom, although the Czech Republic goalkeeper is more likely to spend any spare time playing with his dog at home than enjoying a night on the town. “At Chelsea, every player is very professional and knows what they can do,” he said. “Everybody knows what is necessary to be ready for another game, especially when you have a lot of travelling and a lot of games.

“It's up to every player to judge and if you want to have a beer, you can have a beer. When you are at home, you do what you think is best.”

It is easy to relax when things are going well, as they are for Chelsea. They have secured six wins from eight unbeaten matches under their new manager, although Scolari insisted that he would not reach for his truncheon if the visiting team lose to CFR Cluj, a club who were playing in the third division of the Romanian league only six years ago.

This part of Romania has a history of producing hair-raising acts capable of causing a fright, from Dracula to the Cheeky Girls, but Scolari said that a home win should not be regarded as a surprise. With Chelsea having reached the Champions League final last season under a manager for whom he had little regard, Roman Abramovich, the club's owner, would no doubt disagree and Scolari's honeymoon could become a horror show in the space of 90 minutes.

“Now there are no big surprises,” Scolari said. “There are no small teams any more. They [Cluj] are in this competition because they are a good team and they are champions of Romania. We have won many games in England because we respect them [other teams] and we will respect Cluj as well. It will be no surprise if we lose tomorrow, but I cannot tell the players to lose one game.”

Cluj's historic victory away to Roma a fortnight ago may have helped Chelsea because no one will be taking their opponents lightly this evening. A squad assembled by the millions of Arpad Paszkany, a local businessman, contains 14 Portuguese or South American players, many of whom are known to Scolari, which should work to his advantage.

Didier Drogba will start his first Champions League match since being sent off in the final in Moscow in May, although Scolari concedes that the Ivory Coast striker is some way from his best. “Didier is not 100 per cent ready,” he said. “He needs eight to ten more games, but when he starts the game [against Cluj] he will be better than before. Just you wait and see.”

Miez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #1594 on: October 01, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »
YESSSSSSS ROBBIE KEANE SCORED FUCKING HATERS LOL

Elano

« Reply #1595 on: October 02, 2008, 12:56:04 AM »
DIDIER DROGBA became the eighth victim of Chelsea’s injury jinx last night.

The striker suffered suspected knee ligament damage and could be out for six weeks.

He will have scans today but Blues boss Big Phil Scolari is bracing himself for the worst.

Chelsea had already lost Deco, Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho. And they left Transylvania nursing further problems with Ashley Cole, John Terry, Alex and Joe Cole.

Scolari said: “I’ve four days to build a team for Sunday.

“Maybe I will know the situation we have better in the next two days. At the moment though I have no idea.”

The list of crocks could also have a knock-on effect for England boss Fabio Capello, who lost Manchester United strike ace Wayne Rooney on Tuesday.

However, Scolari added: “Ashley Cole felt his back was sore but he will be ready for Sunday.

“Alex has a problem with his back and so has Terry.

“We will have to assess them and see how bad they are.”

Drogba was carried off after jarring his right leg in the turf on the hour.

He was taken to hospital for scans and emerged with his right leg in a brace.

A car ferried him to the airport as he was unable to climb aboard the Blues’ team bus.

The only good news is this injury was to his right leg and not the left leg, which has taken two ops in the past seven months.

The stalemate with Champions League minnows Cluj was the first time Chelsea have failed to score since Scolari took charge in the summer.

The boss insisted he could not fault his players’ effort but said: “We didn’t play very well. Not the same as other games but now I’m happy with one point.

“One point is better than zero.”

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1596 on: October 02, 2008, 01:00:05 AM »
haha what a night drogba injured keane scores and gerrard gets a 100 goals

plus i swear kuyt is now like 10 goals in his last 14 games in the CL its unreal

Elano

« Reply #1597 on: October 03, 2008, 03:01:26 AM »
Tottenham have made their worst start for 53 years.  Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch scored the goals that gave Portsmouth a 2-1 win over Spurs, who have yet to win this season.  Along with Grimsby Town, the only sides in English league football yet to do so. 

Them's the facts, and the harsh reality is that Spurs sit at the bottom of the table.

The team have yet to gel/put in enough effort/show some character/acquire or play the players in the right positions/learnt to speak the same language ... depending on who you listen to.

Having watched the game back on TV, I would rather not listen to Alan Smith and David Platt chunter on about Tottenham's troubles.  While both were professional international footballers, the same cannot be said for Lee Dixon and if he can give insightful tactical analysis on TV's Match of the Day, then so can I.

Watching the game at the time, it seemed that some players were as shell shocked as some of the fans about where the team find themselves.  What they need to do is to give themselves a good shake and get real.  They need to start picking up points quickly and winning games, as draws will not be good enough in the current position.

The team needs to be shaped to give other teams a problem, not play into their hands.  Pompey had let in ten goals in two games, so what do Tottenham do ?  Play one man up front, giving the home defence time to pick off any ball that Pavlyuchenko might actually be able to control.  Any flick-ons went to no-one and as the free-kicks, corners and crosses were mostly poorly directed (although Aaron Lennon could be excused on his substitute appearance), the lone striker had little in terms of chances to score.

If we are going to lose away from home - and we do so more frequently than not - let's take a leaf out of Hull City's book and have a go.  Nobody would begrudge Spurs getting beaten if they at least posed some problems for the side they were visiting.

And the players need to be played in the positions where they will do most damage to the opposition.  And regularly.  I know Ramos has injury problems and players will be cup-tied on Thursday, but a new goalkeeper really needs a settled defence in front of him to develop an understanding.  If not, then anything could happen.  Hopefully, they players have some sort of common language that they can communicate in.  If not, crash courses in basic football English need to be given.

All this is not rocket science.  I am sure many other fans have identified some of the issues that need resolving and let Ramos know in no uncertain terms at Fratton Park. 

But at the moment, there appears no Plan B.  Even if it came from Outer Space it would be something.

The Krakow game will be a tough one in an intimidating atmosphere.  What it will be like when they return to White Hart Lane to play Hull City on Sunday may well hinge on their ability to protect a one goal lead in Poland.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1598 on: October 03, 2008, 10:52:57 AM »
YESSSSSSS ROBBIE KEANE SCORED FUCKING HATERS LOL

1 goal in 11 games hopefully he will continue at that rate

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #1599 on: October 04, 2008, 11:28:10 AM »
Oh yes, oh yes!! 3 points today!!  8)

And what a goal by Rooney  :o

Invincible

« Reply #1600 on: October 04, 2008, 11:29:33 AM »
Oh yes, oh yes!! 3 points today!!  8)

And what a goal by Rooney  :o

Thats 3 goals in 3 games now. Anyone bet on wes Brown soring 1st?  ;D

Elano

« Reply #1601 on: October 05, 2008, 03:22:16 AM »
SUNDERLAND 1 ARSENAL 1

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:23:57 AM by The Krasnoe Dinamo »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1602 on: October 05, 2008, 04:01:23 AM »
I can't believe how poorly Arsenal played yesterday - we didn't even deserve to win.  :-X
With that being said - Sunderland played like cowards. I think they played 6-3-1 formation AND that RvP goal should not been disallowed  >:(

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #1603 on: October 05, 2008, 09:26:20 AM »
I can't believe how poorly Arsenal played yesterday - we didn't even deserve to win.  :-X
With that being said - Sunderland played like cowards. I think they played 6-3-1 formation AND that RvP goal should not been disallowed  >:(

its not up to the other team to make it easy, arseanal are so one dimensional teams will always pack the midfield.

Good win yday, starting to play some nice football.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1604 on: October 05, 2008, 09:40:45 AM »

its not up to the other team to make it easy, arseanal are so one dimensional teams will always pack the midfield.

Good win yday, starting to play some nice football.

Yeah, I get what you are saying, but when playing at home, you should atleast try to play some good football

kemizt