Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 172199 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #1665 on: October 26, 2008, 12:19:25 PM »

:)

kemizt

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #1666 on: October 26, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »
WOW Hoffenheim won again. 19 pts in 9 games= first place. Watch out Chelsea, ManU, Barca, Real & Milan, Hoffenheim is coming!

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #1667 on: October 26, 2008, 12:49:03 PM »
lol @ the united 15 pts  :D

Is this the first season you have ever watched English Football? It's common knowledge Utd dont start playing until November.

And fuck i was delighted Liverpool won, was goin mad watching it.

The Maestro

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #1668 on: October 26, 2008, 01:33:16 PM »
Robinho hat trick
That will do  :D

As for Rooney kiising the badge. What a fuckin tool

Elano

« Reply #1669 on: October 26, 2008, 01:37:59 PM »
lol @ the united 15 pts  :D

Is this the first season you have ever watched English Football?

::)

bez

« Reply #1670 on: October 26, 2008, 04:32:51 PM »
Robinho hat trick

Especially when his old fella still sits in the Upper Bullens at Goodison, proud moment!

Elano

« Reply #1671 on: October 26, 2008, 11:32:03 PM »
Robinho hat trick

Especially when his old fella still sits in the Upper Bullens at Goodison, proud moment!
lol

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1672 on: October 27, 2008, 02:13:17 PM »
GO LIVERPOOL GO!!!!

its good while it lasts...we drew after we beat utd though and we got pompey midweek,still no torres and i have a horrible feeling that lanky beanpole that used to play for us will score

speaking of harry redknapp...i dunno whether i missed a morning newspaper on saturday due to my hang over but i swear that came from nowhere!!!....always rated harry...my only problem with him getting the spurs job is there giving him it after two managers have both spent 40+ million(ramos more but he re-couped)...and harrys a well known wheeler and dealer...i wanted to see him get a decent wedge to put a team together but i dont think itll be a case of that

and paulyenko(sp)=the nextel hadji diouf(UNWRITTEN LAW OF FOOTBALL:players signed on the basis of a good world/euro cup are inevitably always crap!!!)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1673 on: October 28, 2008, 05:25:05 AM »
Adams appointed new Pompey boss

Tony Adams has succeeded Harry Redknapp as manager of Portsmouth, BBC Radio Solent understands.

Adams, 42, took charge of the team alongside coach Joe Jordan for Sunday's 1-1 draw with Fulham following Redknapp's departure to Tottenham.

The former Arsenal captain and England captain was named as Redknapp's number two in 2006.

He endured an ill-fated spell in charge of Wycombe and had coaching jobs in the Netherlands with Feyenoord and Utrecht.

Former Bolton and Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce and ex-Chelsea manager Avram Grant, who worked as technical director at Fratton Park in 2006, were reportedly among the favourites to take over from Redknapp.

Adams, who will be unveiled at a 1300 GMT news conference, begins his reign as Portsmouth boss with a trip to league leaders Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday.

Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie said on Sunday that the south-coast club would take their time in finding a new manager.

Redknapp, who ended his second spell at Portsmouth after three years in charge, has already put in a good word for Adams and Jordan.

"I spoke to Peter about it and said 'you've got Joe and Tony and they are both terrific guys'," stated Redknapp.

"Joe is very experienced, Tony is up and coming in the managerial game and works very hard. I don't think either of them would do any harm, for sure."

Storrie insisted there were no financial problems at the club and that decisions would continue to be driven by owner Alexandre Gaydamak.

"In the summer we sold Sulley Muntari for a club record fee and sold Pedro Mendes but used most of that money in bringing in Peter Crouch and Younes Kaboul and a couple of loan players," he added.

"If we were to sell players we would reinvest and bring other players in. We've got a very, very good squad here, a quality side, and when January comes we will approach it then.

"Sacha Gaydamak has owned this club for two-and-a-half years and has continued to put finance into the club to bring in players.

"It will be his decision in January whether he wants to continue that growth and expand."

Meanwhile, Jordan expressed his surprise at the speed of Redknapp's departure, while also wishing him the best.

"It was a bit of a shock I must admit but Harry is a good manager and you expect that good managers will be wanted by big clubs," said Jordan.

"The speed of it has surprised a lot of people and it was a shock to me."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/7693323.stm

bez

« Reply #1674 on: October 28, 2008, 06:02:49 AM »
Redknapp is the epitomy of a dick head manager. He goes from club to club obviously for the money, he's stupid. He would of went to Newcastle before they got Keegan if they would of probably offered him more doh. He's a dick head. I hope he gets Spurs relegated now.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1675 on: October 28, 2008, 06:20:28 AM »
Redknapp is the epitomy of a dick head manager. He goes from club to club obviously for the money, he's stupid. He would of went to Newcastle before they got Keegan if they would of probably offered him more doh. He's a dick head. I hope he gets Spurs relegated now.

redknapp is class mate..if any1 can get the best from spurs it'll be him

Elano

« Reply #1676 on: October 28, 2008, 01:07:07 PM »
Redknapp is the epitomy of a dick head manager. He goes from club to club obviously for the money, he's stupid.

He's smart not stupid

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1677 on: October 29, 2008, 03:06:11 PM »
I can't believe how personal mistakes and bad defense let those scum steal 2 points!

FUCK!

kemizt

bez

« Reply #1678 on: October 30, 2008, 04:28:18 AM »
haha class game, went mad when Lennon scored, and was buzzing off that fan who ran on and ended up on the floor hugging all the players, haha hilarious!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #1679 on: October 30, 2008, 04:47:04 AM »
haha class game, went mad when Lennon scored, and was buzzing off that fan who ran on and ended up on the floor hugging all the players, haha hilarious!

haha yeah that was jokes..funny how the players dint care and the stewards cudnt get @ him

another win for the kop