Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread  (Read 172171 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Sticky: Football (Soccer) Thread
« Reply #3150 on: January 22, 2010, 08:31:39 AM »

BRILLIANT STUFF.

I think everyone watching that game as a neutral wanted to see Tevez get the goals and it was great to see.

Shay Given was the real unsung hero for City though. Best keeper in the world in my opinion...mind you, my opinion might be biased as he was my team's keeper for more than a decade.

I had very little respect left for Tevez prior to the game and now there is none.

Tevez should be very careful judfing by the article below

"Police believe they may have saved a player from being seriously injured after darts and golf balls were confiscated from Manchester United supporters before their club's Carling Cup semi-final first leg at Manchester City on Tuesday.

A number of missiles were thrown on to the pitch during the game but officers from Greater Manchester police's ­football unit believe the situation could have been worse had security officials not adopted stringent checks at the turnstiles.

Information had reached the police that United supporters planned to smuggle red flares into the ground, in order to ­interrupt a pre-match routine at Eastlands in which the lights are turned off and a giant image of a blue moon is flashed into the stadium. Two flares were lit but several ­others were discovered during rigorous body checks that stopped a large number of fans ­getting into the stadium before kick-off. More seriously, several supporters were caught trying to smuggle darts, golf balls and other weapons into the ground.

Eighteen people were arrested – six home supporters, 11 United fans and one neutral "

As for the actual match i thought we were far to defensive (as we always tend to be in big games away from home). The penalty that never was changed the game, and once we then went behind we started to play. It seems to be a regular thing that once we go behind we go for it and create a load of chances like we did on tuesday. I didnt think we deserved to lose, prob didnt deserve to win but had more than enough chances to win.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elano

« Reply #3151 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:13 AM »
Tevez comes from one of the toughest zones of Buenos Aires,he should be very careful about what ?
Its not like he's living in the moss side, cheetham hill or beswick, and i doubt he could have troubles around the city as well.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3152 on: January 22, 2010, 12:16:14 PM »
Tevez comes from one of the toughest zones of Buenos Aires,he should be very careful about what ?
Its not like he's living in the moss side, cheetham hill or beswick, and i doubt he could have troubles around the city as well.

Plenty of footballers have trouble regardless of the areas they live in just like Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard's father has revealed how a gangster threatened to shoot the Liverpool and England midfielder but was frightened off by a 'fixer' asked to deal with the problem.

In a letter read to the jury at Lincoln Crown Court, Paul Gerrard said the gangster - reportedly known as 'The Psycho' - threatened to shoot his son in the legs and tried to extort money from him.

It is alledged the Liverpool player's car was also smashed up and he was chased home from training.

However, the threats reportedly stopped when Gerrard's father was introduced to 'underworld fixer' John Kinsella, who is said to have put the frighteners on the gangster and his associates.

The letter written by Gerrard's father read: "I would like to say that in 2001 my son Steven was being terrorised by a notorious Liverpool gangster known as 'The Psycho' who was threatening to maim my son by shooting him in the legs.

"Also he was trying to extort a large amount of money from Steven. We immediately contacted the police and asked for protection.

"This went on for a long time, during which Steven's car was smashed up and the gangster chased him while he was driving home from training.

"This was one of the worst times of our lives. It was really having a bad effect on his career. Liverpool FC provided security for Steven, but the threats still kept coming.

"We were introduced by a friend to John Kinsella. I told him about the ongoing threats and violence. John then reassured me and my family he would resolve our nightmare.

"From that point until this day we have never had any more problems from the Liverpool underworld. Steven and I have total respect for John for what he did for us."

The evidence came about as Kinsella and three other men appeared in court accused of taking part in a £41,000 robbery, a charge Kinsella has denied.

According to the Sun, Kinsella said he was in the area as an 'enforcer', using the Gerrard incident as an example, and said: "He was demanding money and threatening to shoot Steven in the legs.

"He ambushed him outside his apartment in Southport. Steven was given armed police protection because they feared for his safety that much.

"I took steps. I told him to stop it. He followed my advice."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3153 on: January 22, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »
David Bently also got punched in the face at a resteraunt a few months back.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 12:23:48 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3154 on: January 22, 2010, 01:35:57 PM »
Bet Teves is shitting it from your kidy MIB Firm haha

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3155 on: January 22, 2010, 01:39:57 PM »

From the sound of it most of those outside the council house were on tuesday.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3156 on: January 22, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »
Kuruption, you mention you have no respect for Tevez, yet all he did was celebrate (in response may I add) to Neville's comments (ie. not to the Man Utd fans a la Adebayor as reported). I bet you still respect Neville despite the bile he was spouting earlier that day and his much more obscene and childish gesture to Tevez. I bet you also still respect Rooney despite him shouting expletives in Tevez's ear before he scored the penalty.

I don't want to cast aspertions mate, but to me and everyone else you just sound bitter because Tevez got one (or two) over you the other night.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3157 on: January 22, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
Kuruption, you mention you have no respect for Tevez, yet all he did was celebrate (in response may I add) to Neville's comments (ie. not to the Man Utd fans a la Adebayor as reported). I bet you still respect Neville despite the bile he was spouting earlier that day and his much more obscene and childish gesture to Tevez. I bet you also still respect Rooney despite him shouting expletives in Tevez's ear before he scored the penalty.

I don't want to cast aspertions mate, but to me and everyone else you just sound bitter because Tevez got one (or two) over you the other night.

My issue with Tevez (other than him joining city) is the fact that he has constantly said that he wouldnt celebrate if he scored against us and he did.

As for players winding each other up, it makes things interesting but Nevilles comments were harmless. He didnt slag tevez off all he said was that he wasnt worth 30+ mil , not that he was a bad player. Then Tevez totally overreacts and goads Neville and the fans, then makes comments calling Neville a moran, idiot, shit etc.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3158 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »

From the sound of it most of those outside the council house were on tuesday.

hahaha dont make me laugh
Take it u didn't go 2 the game?
Few years ago u had a bit of a firm now its just full of little kids who just get twated
Running around in gangs trying to scare people, then start legging it when they find out they aint scaring anyone.
MIB hahaha

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3159 on: January 22, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »
Oh and Gary Chuckle is a Fergie arse kissing CUNT fact
I so want him to play on Wednesday

You didn't buy Teves because u couldn't afford him

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3160 on: January 22, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »

My issue with Tevez (other than him joining city) is the fact that he has constantly said that he wouldnt celebrate if he scored against us and he did.

As for players winding each other up, it makes things interesting but Nevilles comments were harmless. He didnt slag tevez off all he said was that he wasnt worth 30+ mil , not that he was a bad player. Then Tevez totally overreacts and goads Neville and the fans, then makes comments calling Neville a moran, idiot, shit etc.

Tevez didnt overreact at all. He just cupped his ears. The Man Utd fans and Neville are the ones who overreacted.

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #3161 on: January 22, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »

Tevez didnt overreact at all. He just cupped his ears. The Man Utd fans and Neville are the ones who overreacted.

Tell it like it is mate

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3162 on: January 22, 2010, 03:51:23 PM »
I think it's a given that the top 4 will once again be Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and LPool (in no order). All these teams like Man City, Tottenham, Villa... are chokers.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3163 on: January 22, 2010, 03:54:53 PM »
I think it's a given that the top 4 will once again be Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and LPool (in no order). All these teams like Man City, Tottenham, Villa... are chokers.

Not at all. Top three yeah but the 4th spot is well and truly up for grabs. Liverpool are probably favourites now theyve had a decent run of results but anything can happen. Its much more of an even playing field between the top 4 and the rest now.

Elano

« Reply #3164 on: January 23, 2010, 01:23:40 AM »
I bet you still respect Neville despite the bile he was spouting earlier that day and his much more obscene and childish gesture to Tevez.

what he did ?