Author Topic: First Joe Budden, Now Cassidy...  (Read 239 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
First Joe Budden, Now Cassidy...
« on: August 10, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »
Niggas scared, they scared!! Why is he really sayin' these thangs? He ain't wanna go against Papoose becuz 'it's a business', 'you waste bars', 'status' and 'ruin careers.' Homie it's a battle!! Oh God man. What's up wit these dudes? Joe Budden turned down Pap. Cassidy turning him down. Ya'll know how NICE, NICE, these battles would be??? These are the top dogs wit game, why man? Why? Niggas that scared??

Roun' the 6:50 mark. Shame.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcs1Csw9THg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dcs1Csw9THg</a>
And Swizz sits there and even says Cassidy is scared. Com' on. ;D

MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!!

Blu Lacez

Re: First Joe Budden, Now Cassidy...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »
^^They culd Be Another Reason..Perhaps they felt at that moment they wuldn't be able to come up with sumthin Hot..
C'mon everyday ain't Xmas..
Well That's Just Ma two cents on the said issue!

Sup with Tha 'N' word Dude?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:57:27 PM »
Both of them niggas would merk Papoose. It takes more than just yelling random punchlines to win a battle. What does Cassidy have to gain from this battle?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:17:41 PM »
Niggas scared, they scared!! Why is he really sayin' these thangs? He ain't wanna go against Papoose becuz 'it's a business', 'you waste bars', 'status' and 'ruin careers.' Homie it's a battle!! Oh God man. What's up wit these dudes? Joe Budden turned down Pap. Cassidy turning him down. Ya'll know how NICE, NICE, these battles would be??? These are the top dogs wit game, why man? Why? Niggas that scared??

Roun' the 6:50 mark. Shame.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcs1Csw9THg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dcs1Csw9THg</a>
And Swizz sits there and even says Cassidy is scared. Com' on. ;D

MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!!

Swizz doesn't say Cassidy was scared to battle.  And Cassidy basically said that battling could potentially ruin business and connections with record labels and people in the biz.  This is his job it's how he pays his bills, why would he wanna fuck that up?  Honestly after Cassidy beat Freeway in that battle do you think Jay Z was happy or upset that one of his artists got embarrassed like that?  Basically what Cassidy did with that battle besides get some recognition was jeopardize potential income.  If Cassidy wants to do any features with Def Jam artists now he basically has to kiss Jays' ass because of that.  Cassidy has nothing to gain by battling somebody and he knows that.  I would like to see them battle just like anybody else would, but I can understand why he wouldn't do it.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:37:26 PM »
Buddens didn't turn down Pap.    Pap's crew was acting foolish trying to start a battle in the middle of Joey's set.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »
LOL, I don't know know more. I swear I don't.

me>you

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 12:25:13 AM »
niggas scared cuz pap got that flow

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 04:23:01 PM »
Cassidy has been eating MCs for years. His lyrical pedigree is one of the best in the game. But out of the new dudes — new meaning they never released an album — Papoose is looked at as one of the greats. Well, what if the two battled? Wow. Apparently a showdown was being talked about at the battle breeding ground, New York's Fight Klub, where MCs' freestyling skills are tested and the results are released on DVD. But don't count on it ever happening.

That's not going down," Swizz Beatz said. "I'm not gonna let Cassidy get pressured into doing that. He's at a point in his career where he feels comfortable and he's focusing on taking it to the next level. Unless it's something he's doing that's benefiting himself — getting a check? He's getting checks. Battling a person who don't have an album out, what is that? It has to be like something me and Kanye did onstage. Make it an event. Papoose is doing his thing, let him focus on his album, we don't want to interfere with that.

"That battle thing is a sport, it don't sell albums," he continued. "Cassidy's been doing that sport since he was 12 years old. He went from the sport to the business side of it, to making albums. But he's on his freestyle thing. He'll bite a head off if he has to. But it has to be an event." ...
http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/081307/

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll leave it alone now.