Author Topic: N.O.R.E. the Weatherman  (Read 121 times)

Elano

N.O.R.E. the Weatherman
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:14:44 AM »
Leaving Def Jam and reggaeton behind, N.O.R.E.is ready to re-heat hip hop with Global Warming 11368.

In the past year, N.O.R.E. has seen his share of gray days. After his first reggaeton album, 2006's ill-received N.O.R.E. Y La Familia...Ya Tu Sabe, failed to do Daddy Yankee numbers, his three-year run with Def Jam Records came to an end, forcing him to lose the rights to his follow-up, One Fan A Day. But the Queens native didn't let a little rain put a damper on his 11-year rhyme fest. He moved to Miami, linked up with local mixtape king DJ EFN and began recording an all-new independent albumthat would return himto his gritty C-N-N- roots. This summer, with the release of his 7th album,Global Warning 11368(the number is a reference to his Queens zip code) the man known as Melvin Flynt is aiming to change hip-hop's current climate.

"LETTER TO NORIEGA"
Produced by Dame Grease
N.o.r.e: This song is real hardcore,straight up hip-hop in its purest form. It's actually a letter I'm writing,but I'm rapping.
The idea came when the A&R of my project,DJ EFN,asked me one day, "Why don't we try to schedule a meeting between Noreaga the rapper and Noriega the General ? " That same day I had gotten a beat from Grease which featured a little girl saying my name.
I called him up and I asked him to get the little girl to say "Letter to Noriega" instead.

"SHORTY LOOK GOOD"
Produced by O-Z and The Deacon
I wanted to show that I can make songs about women without dissing them,especially with the scrutiny hip-hop is under.
I did this one for the girls after they get their hair done and they go out to dinner with their man. We go to the movies, then to the club and get drunk. The next day in the morning while I'm taking a shit and she's walking around with her hair wrapped, I'm just looking like, "She still look marvelous."

"GIRLFRIEND" featuring T-PAIN
Produced by Scott Storch
The beat is a real laid back club beat but the chorus goes "I want my girlfriend,to have a girlfriend,and we could bump it and grind it and grind and bump it." I'm a big fan of T-Pain so I called him and told him I wanted to work with him. It's one of the first times T-Pain doesn't use the sound machine,and he still sounded as great as he always does.

"SET IT OFF" featuring SWIZZ
Produced by Swizz Beatz
When he came out with "It's me bitches", I told Swizz I wanted a record like that, but a record that was nothing like it![And] I wanted him to kick a verse. The beat is traditional Swizz,it's South,[it's] New York and it has the jamaican drums. It's a very fun record.

"TALKING IN MY SLEEP"
Produced by Kyze
This is one of the most creative records I've made to date. I'm supposed to be sleeping on the record, but in my sleep I'm talking to Big Pun,my man who's on death row and my father. The beat is real laid back. I'm not doubling my vocals,there's no adlibs,there's no riffs - it's just me.

"BY MYSELF"
Produced by Hazardous Sounds
I'm the type of person that likes to be around people. But I realized that sometimes I like to be by myself, smoke some weed by myself, drink a beer by myself and think about my life by myself. The beat is real soulful and if you listen to it without me on it, you would still feel like it's the type of track you could cry or reveal something about yourself on.

"QUESTIONS"
Produced by OZ and The Deacon
People would constantly ask me all these questions about reggaeton,Capone,Nas,Jay-Z. I figured I would answer it in a way only an artist could answer it on a record. The beat is clubbish, but what I'm saying is what's going to be relevant to the listeners.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: N.O.R.E. the Weatherman
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 08:24:46 AM »
 8)
When is this dropping?
Word, I put NORE 's music to rest once he did that Wack Reggaeton shit!!
I'll just pick up the Real Noreaga when this comes out, been a fan of CNN since Jump.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »
Interview with NORE going down in about an hour actually, anyone got any last minute things they want me to ask?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »
Never mind, interview's done!  The album is actually called "Noreality"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 11:59:26 AM by Eddie »