Author Topic: Anyone heard Cormega's new album "The Realness"??  (Read 256 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Anyone heard Cormega's new album "The Realness
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2001, 06:12:33 PM »

Hellrazor you really underate 2001. I don't understand why. I haven't heard cormega's album yet (I'm getting it this weekend) however I'm sure it's not "much better" than 2001.

I dont hate the album, I just think its overrated. I dont consider it classic cuz of the number of songs that I skip on it. If you wanna think its a classic, I aint stopping you. Im basing my opinion on replay value, solidity, concept, and production. The production on it, at times, was actually brilliant, but at other times, it lacked. Dre doesnt even appear on a good portion of the songs, and though he doesnt write his own rhymes, id rather hear Dre spit on the album than a bunch of guest artists all the time. I was listening to Streetz Is A Motha today [Kurupt], and I like this album better than 2001.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

DPGC2001

Re: Anyone heard Cormega's new album "The Realness
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2001, 06:57:08 PM »
I live in Queens N.Y. not too far from QB and everybody is saying that this album Mega's album is classic...I heard a bit of it and yeah it's pretty dope, but to call this album better than 2001 is nonsense...Mega's album just ain't on a level with the production on 2001 which is probably one of the top 5 best produced albums of all time...Mega's lyrics are light years ahead of what was on Dre's album but it ain't even in the top 10 lyrically best albums of all time...And No way it could touch Illmatic or It Was Written...Mega don't want it from Nas...LOL
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »