Author Topic: The Montreal Screw Job?!?!?  (Read 375 times)

WeSTSidE_Don

The Montreal Screw Job?!?!?
« on: August 18, 2007, 04:47:58 PM »
i just watched this video ( ) and i dont really remeber what this was all about.. can someone elighten me

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
Re: The Montreal Screw Job?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »
Read the wikipedia article about it, as you can see it´s a lot to explain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Screwjob

Paul

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 05:38:55 PM »
my favourite moment in wrestling history
funkyfreshintheflesh

herpes

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 05:48:54 PM »
Personally I thought this match was always underrated.  It was a brawl and neither guy was selling.  The match was fast paced.  I always thought this was a excellent match but everyone always talks about the aftermath with good reason though.

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
holy fuck eh props for the info the wwf truly did fuck over the hart family

ReDeMik

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 10:26:15 PM »
Here's the story from Bret himself. http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Wrestling+With+Shadows/video/xmj3e_hitman-hart-wrestling-with-shadows_sport  The incident is at the end and damn is Vince a snake. Im glad Bret knocked his ass out.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:28:00 PM by ReDeMik »

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 10:30:33 PM »

???
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 10:44:54 PM »
It was big, the hole rivalries, behind the scene stuff and the match itself with all the people around the ring made it surreal

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 11:10:20 PM »
This match was the single most important reason WWF won the war with WCW, though short term it hurt them greatly. People were booing Vince, as he was not "the boss" on air, usually he had a president (Jack Tunney, Gorilla Monsoon, Roddy Piper) or comish (Sarget Slaughter) as the authority figure. It was known that Vince was the owner by smarks who were growingi in number thanks to the internet, therefore many people were booing him. Also Austin was hurt so he was on TV but not wrestling. This would be explained as McMahon being the evil boss, kept him from wrestling. But something needed to happen to make McMahon that evil boss that was hated, and the screw job was the final piece. It made sure the WWF title stayed with McMahon, and it made sure McMahon was seen as that ruthless boss that would keep Austin off TV, and get the fans mad. It put the McMahon/Austin fued in high gear. This event saved the WWF in many ways.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 11:15:50 PM »
Basically, Bret Hart got a dick up his ass and it belonged to Vince.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Paul

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 05:30:03 AM »

???

why? basicly what m dogg said, i was always a wwf fan, i hated wcw(although now i try and watch as much old wcw videos as i can) and when the "nasty boss" character vince got after that wwf won the war. i also love seeing things that were real life in wrestling, and everyone could tell that wasnt planned.
funkyfreshintheflesh

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »
Anyone see the vid where Bret Hart announces that he quits wrestling in the WWF & when Bret's going into the crowd you can hear Vince saying something like "No Bret, please don't do this".lol

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 05:46:12 PM »
Anyone see the vid where Bret Hart announces that he quits wrestling in the WWF & when Bret's going into the crowd you can hear Vince saying something like "No Bret, please don't do this".lol

i remeber that

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 08:38:01 PM »
i was an HBK fan back then so i didn't care less. but after seeing that movie i had a little more sympahy for bret and a little less respect for HBK. but that's business i guess.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
^

I always was a big Bret Hart fan and only liked HBK for some short time and thought this was a real low move on HBK´s behalf. I never understood how any wrestler could assist Vince in such a move because who guaranteed them that they weren´t the next to be screwed. Anyway, Vince was his boss and demanded him to take part in it and he did his job. I can live with that but what made me lose all respect for HBK was how he lied to Hart in the locker room and swore that he had nothing to do with it. If he was a man he would have told him that he knew it.