Author Topic: Sure, blame me.  (Read 219 times)

Elevz

Sure, blame me.
« on: August 18, 2007, 03:01:40 AM »
"Thank you for buying this music and for supporting the artists, songwriters, musicians and others who've created it and made it possible. Please remember that this recording and artwork are protected by copyright law. Since you don't own the copyright, it's not yours to distribute. Please don't use Internet services that promote the illegal distribution of copyrighted music, give away illegal copies of discs or lend discs to others for copying. It's hurting the artists who created the disc. It has the same effect as stealing a disc from a store without paying for it. Applicable laws provide severe civil and criminal penalties for the unauthorised reproduction, distribution and digital transmission of copyrighted sound recordings."

Shit. I go out and buy a piece of good music, I take the CD out of its jewelcase, and I find that written on the inlay. What the fuck were they (EMI Records Limited - www.emicatalogue.com) thinking, stuffing that in the face of fans who actually have the decency go out and buy a CD? I could have just downloaded it, but I didn't because I decided to support it and get the real. In fact, now I regret legally purchasing it. Cocksuckers, acting like it's a big mean conspiracy, and everyone's against them. Bah.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sure, blame me.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:11:40 AM »
Hehe, they know it's you Elevz! So they feeled like they had to put that on ;)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 07:57:48 AM »
I want to send a disclaimer to all these wack ass fucking labels that propagate bullshit music that only caters to a certain demographic.  And I also want to send one to the major video outlets and to clear channel and the fcc.  Fuck em all.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
yeah, those are a bunch of cock-suckers. I've expierenced different ways of "talking to" the customer though, like a Strokes album which simply has the message "THANK YOU!" on the inner sleeve or the N.E.R.D. CD (Fly or Die)...I won't bother typing it all, but:

"THANK YOU! On behalf of the creators of this recording we thank you for making this investment and hope you enjoy this music for years to come [...] Music creators are supported by retailers and music distributors, music publishers, manufacturers [...] ALL have a passion for music and a desire to continue to create and deliver the music that you'll want to hear and love tomorrow...Thanks again!"

I mean, stuff like this is ok, sure it implies what an asshole you'd be for letting all those heroic industry people down and downloading stuff for free, but at least they have the decency (and intelligence) to tell you by thanking you instead of preventively accusing you of all the dirty crimes you could commit. Also, what does that EMI moron mean by "stealing a record without paying for it"? How many people go out and pay for a record they steal?   ::)

StevenQBosell

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 06:47:18 PM »
LMAO, illegal downloading is just justice.

For years, labels, and record comapnys fucked us around by making us pay 18.99 for an album, when we just wanted 4 songs.

Most of us, atleast on this board, will support the music that is REAL.

They need to realize that nowadays, people dload the leak, then if its worthy, drop the cash to buy the album