Author Topic: Like UGK said, quit hatin the south.  (Read 390 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Like UGK said, quit hatin the south.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
there are a whole bunch of good artists coming from the south and Outkast are probably still the most creative thing to happen to hiphop in the last 15 years. But while it's dumb for people who consider themselves serious hiphop heads to go out and hate blindly without even having a clue of all the different stuff and the variety of sub-styles existing between Texas and North Carolina, I do understand why certain spare-time listeners don't get rid of the notion that the south is a bunch of yelling homo thugs. I mean, I notice whenever I'm at some hiphop party around here...West Coast you barely hear at all except for a few universally acclaimed classics and maybe two Game or Snoop songs, east coast you get at least a few decent tunes during early juggling and maybe the DJ has enough mercy on you to throw on "Ante Up" between two bitch songs with a washed out R'n'B chorus. But as for the south, all you get to hear is dramatically wack. And if you're not one of those I'd-listen-to-anything-you-can-dance-to club-goers who wouldn't know Anticon from Lil' Flip and just don't give a fuck, you gotta hate the south judging from what is played in the clubs and on the radio

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 09:55:52 PM »
That definitely needs to be the next single off the album. They should come with a remix to it.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 11:12:42 PM »
Aww what the fuck ever. The South has been on top of the rap charts for about the last 10+ years now. Its not like there's a damn epidemic of people hatin the South. That said, the new UGK is a damn good album. Quit hatin the West.

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »
Nobody hatin on the west because there's nothing to hate on. Westcoast rappers ain't doing shit differently, and even if they do, west coast fans turn their backs on them. Until the west coast wakes the fuck up and stops blaming the south on all their problems, then they'll never be back on top.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 11:23:11 PM »
Quit hatin the West.
real talk..nobody blinks an eye @ whats been goin on out here since death row died...

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:25 PM »
Nobody hatin on the west because there's nothing to hate on. Westcoast rappers ain't doing shit differently, and even if they do, west coast fans turn their backs on them. Until the west coast wakes the fuck up and stops blaming the south on all their problems, then they'll never be back on top.
to me its the east coast cats doin the hatin....the west is just tryin to eat but they get treated like your drunk ass uncle at the family reunion

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 11:29:49 PM »
to me its the east coast cats doin the hatin....the west is just tryin to eat but they get treated like your drunk ass uncle at the family reunion
lol. I think its about the same, but east coast cats got more shine right now so it seems like they're doing the most hatin. Then again, the west is more open to all types of music. All you gotta do is listen to cali radio to figure that out.

But point blank, the west isn't putting out anything THAT great. Some of it is alright, but that's about it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

SGV

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »
Simply put, people hate whats on top. Back when the East Coast used to hate on the West Coast for being wack, all these kids here were crying and carrying on about how unfair it was. How the East Coast is just jealous. But, history repeats itself and now these same kids are hating on the South for being in the spotlight. While some people think it's wack to hear certain South shit in the Club, I'm sure many people thought the same thing when they heard some straight West Coast shit in the Clubs back in the 90s. The South played in the Clubs is made for the Clubs. It's not made to be the next Illmatic, but thats how people take it. It's just a way for them to hate on the South. Yet, if an East Coast cat was to say something similar about a W.C. record, I could just imagine the responses: "W.C. isn't trying to save the world, he's just keeping it gangsta." It's just hypocritical.

Quit Hating cuz Snoop tried to be Southern. Mack 10 tried to be Southern. Too Short tried to be Southern. E-40 is heavily influenced by the South. The whole Hyphy movement is influenced by the South. Glasses Malone might finally get his break thanks to the South. etc. etc.

____ EDIT _____

Not too mention Daz got his most exposure in a long time thanks to the South. Now him and Kurupt are signing with a Southern label (Look at the Cash Money Roster now, boasting Daz, Kurupt, Mack 10 AND Glasses  Malone). Game is showing major love to the South by not only extending his One Blood Remix to the South, but hopping on South records (Ay Bay Bay Remix) and collabing with South dudes heavy (Lil Wayne - Blood Brothers). The South is respected by your favorite rappers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:30:20 AM by SGV »

Jome

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:05 AM »
^^ Spot on.

UGK
Scarface
Z-Ro
T.I.
Lil Wayne
Ludacris
Willie D
Chamillionaire

south has PLENTY great artists...east needs 2 stop hatin...

Co-sign, + Buck, Outkast, Trae, and a few others.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:30 AM »
I also think that people should realise that just because you say that you dont like a certain style in hiphop in your opinion, it doesnt mean that your hating.. I'll quote Common: If I don't like it, I don't like it, that doesn't mean that I'm hating

SGV

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 09:33:20 AM »
I also think that people should realise that just because you say that you dont like a certain style in hiphop in your opinion, it doesnt mean that your hating.. I'll quote Common: If I don't like it, I don't like it, that doesn't mean that I'm hating

No doubt about it. Just cuz you don't like something does NOT mean you're hating. But its the way you state it that makes you look like a hater. I'm not a huge fan of let's say Chingy. But I'm not gonna go on a tirade and say "People like Chingy are ruining Hip Hop!!!" That's hating. A simple "I don't like Chingy's music" would have been sufficient. But dudes like to throw extra mayo on the Sandwich.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 09:35:06 AM »
Quit hatin the West.
real talk..nobody blinks an eye @ whats been goin on out here since death row died...

so wat has been goin on in tha west???? i havnt heard an album that u can play from front 2 back all day and still bump tha muthafuck wen u wake up tha next day
I only fuck with 10's

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »

No doubt about it. Just cuz you don't like something does NOT mean you're hating. But its the way you state it that makes you look like a hater. I'm not a huge fan of let's say Chingy. But I'm not gonna go on a tirade and say "People like Chingy are ruining Hip Hop!!!" That's hating. A simple "I don't like Chingy's music" would have been sufficient. But dudes like to throw extra mayo on the Sandwich.

Yup, I agree.. And I admit I might sometimes throw a bit of extra mayo too ;).. I'm focusing more on more on not doing it though.. I do think that most mainstream hiphop comming out of the south is so wack! But thats just my opinion.. There is wack mainstream hiphop comming outta west coast and east coast too.. It's really just the whole way and style that music MUST be to be mainstream that I dislike, just my opinion :)

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »

"The 6th Sense" = classic Hip-Hop. 8)
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 09:48:09 AM »

"The 6th Sense" = classic Hip-Hop. 8)
Hell yeah :)