Author Topic: Rawkus Records Sells Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 386 times)

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
Rawkus Records Sells Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 29, 2001, 02:07:01 PM »
Rawkus Records Sells Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
source:y2hiphop.com

In what seems to be a BIG surprise to me, Rawkus Records have apparently signed a distribution deal with the big dogs of urban music, DefJam. Industry insiders are speculating that a lot of the artists on the Rawkus roster are very unhappy about the move and believe that the deal will cause less opportunities and a lack of creative control on future Rawkus albums. Industry insiders also believe that many Rawkus signed artists will be pretty vocal about the deal and we may even expect to see a few tracks on the whole subject soon.

In related news, it seems that DJ Hi-Tek is the first to jump the Rawkus ship and has apparently joined MCA Records, although I have still yet to hear official word on that. More news, Kool G Rap's new album "The Giancanna Story" has been given a release date sometime in October, whilst the Soundbombing 3 project is still scheduled for a November release, with The Last Emperor dropping early 2002.

End of article

My opinion

All I have to say is this is some bull shit. If this is true then rawkus records can suck a dick. I don't want to see Dmx and Ja Rule calaborating with kool g rap and shit.  All Def Jam is gonna do is fuck everything up. I hope this isn't true because Rawkus is starting to get sucesss on there own and they don't need them . Plus they really don't need have HiTek leave. I'm pissed.
Picture yourself crushin Xzibit with your tough talk,
thats like Christopher Reeve doin' the crip walk.- Xzibit

Suicidal, High I'm smoking so much la,
I saw a dead bird flying through a broken sky-
Nas

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
Re: Rawkus Records Sells Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2001, 02:14:15 PM »
Maybe I'm overeacting, hopefully def jam will let them do business as usual and just help them with the business and shit. But they better not touch the music.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nas

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2001, 02:15:19 PM »
man fuck that...rawkus was good....all the albums that dropped as far as im concerned were dope...train of thought was dope...i think that album was very uderrated and deserved more credibility...soundbombing 2 was an exceptional piece of work...mos def album...lyricists lounge...all dope...next up y'all gon see somethin like mos def and talib kewli ft. kool g rap and ja rule...fuck that the track will b dope and ja rule will step up talkin bout his life and how he's done toome and how many bitches he's fucked...amn this shit is depressin

peace y'all
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2001, 02:17:31 PM »
my bad....How he's done Time

naw but i think top dogg is on point there...they probs hooked up wit rawkus to make money cos i think they'll blow up big style next year...i dont think they'll touch the music...the artists wil hav smethin to say

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2001, 02:26:09 PM »
Is this for real cause you told stuff that wasn't true in another post and I fell for it but if this is true then summin big is gonna come of this.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2001, 02:34:35 PM »

Is this for real cause you told stuff that wasn't true in another post and I fell for it but if this is true then summin big is gonna come of this.

The other post I made about universal signing the poor was a joke from hiphopsite.com that was posted on "The Anything Goes forum" which means anything goes. If it was real I would have posted it on the "general" forum as I did this post.

And honestly I Wouldn't joke around about this shit happening. Do you know how much I would hate a jay-z and talib kweli calaboration.

Nas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2001, 02:44:33 PM »

And honestly I Wouldn't joke around about this shit happening. Do you know how much I would hate a jay-z and talib kweli calaboration.

That bad huh?
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2001, 02:58:41 PM »
Your pic is dope, but it still says "LL COOL J & Dre Chillin" underneath...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2001, 02:59:13 PM »
Oh, you just chaned it...LOL

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2001, 03:05:58 PM »

Oh, you just chaned it...LOL

lol. yeah I changed it cause I changed my pic and then noticed the LL & Dre thing under it just after I clicked on change profile. Anywayz I think this pic is funny.

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2001, 03:11:57 PM »
lol funny pic mafia
that sux about rawkus records tho

Smooth

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2001, 07:27:49 PM »
damn that's wack... if that's true that Hi-Tek left that's REALLY going to hurt Rawkus Records in my opinion...because i think Hi-Tek's about to BLOW UP!

PEace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2001, 10:29:14 AM »
its not true u'll be pleased to know what is true is that sometime next year they'll be looking for a new distributer as their contract with priority will be up. y2hiphop have also made a retractment and explained the current situation

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Top-Dogg2001

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Stillmatic
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2001, 10:46:29 AM »
They said it's not true. I'm happy now. I'm just wondering whats going on with Hitek. Is he gonna stay? I really hope he's on soundbombing 3. This cd was suposed to be out a while ago but it keeps getting delayed.

Nas

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2001, 06:44:01 PM »
Yea, Cage was/is suppose dto be all over it...I can't wait..."SBII" was a classic...