Author Topic: Post East Coast albums that you consider classics and why. Thread.  (Read 499 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Post East Coast albums that you consider classics and why. Thread.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 09:19:30 PM »
Leaders Of The New School - A Future Without A Past

Whatever, I think this album is great. If you look at it, to me, it's one big concept. The name. Leaders of The New School. To the album itself cuz, it is what it is, about school. It's original. It's easy to grasp. Easy to relate too. And real easy to blast out your headphones. Storylines are real and believable and beats are light and fool aroundish. These cats were on top of their game anyways.

You got a homeroom interlude, a lunchroom interlude and an after school interlude. Concept is kept.

They original type of cats as you can tell. They had madd energy. And madd good storylines. Buy it homies, see for yourself. You cannot find another album like this.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 04:14:15 AM »
Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music

People is posting heat!!

And I'ma add this album. Shit is off the hook. I personally think the album's beats is tight, the lyrics is fire, flow, on point.

Some of my favorite tracks are, 'Tears', 'Ghetto Instinct', 'This Is How We Do' and especially 'What's Up Doc'. I think there's maddd quotables in that track. Plus it's got the hottest beat on the CD.

There's only like one track that I don't feel which is 'Flip Da Scrip'. But don't get it messed up, it ain't wack.

It's a grimey 18 joint album and I think it's somethang you can listen to in full complete rotation. Especially if you need a East Coast 90 Hip Hop album to vibe too.

It's one of my favorites and got some of my favorited tracks, so, it's hot.

I don't know, if you haven't checked it, look into it.

Yo QT, dont spose you've gottadownload link for this homie? interested in checking this out.  :)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 02:57:02 PM »
Not sure if its east coast but

Personally i believe that this is the best hip hop album to come out this century.

Its a a true classic and only due to lack of publicity and the fact that canibus nearly destroyed his own reputation that this isnt a certified classic in the hip hop community.

Stoupe hooks up 11 sublime beats and lyrically canibus destroys everyone, its by far his best album. What makes this album even more incredible is the fact that canibus just sent stoupe a bunch of accapellas and stoupe then put beats to them.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson