Author Topic: I think Young Jeezy catches too much bullshit.  (Read 460 times)

Narrator

Re: I think Young Jeezy catches too much bullshit.
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 08:46:35 PM »
Jeezy's the kinda rapper whose fans are people who are obsessed with two things: (1.) street cred, (2.) the rawness of his music.  More raw = more "street", which is a lesson too many labels forget nowadays in their quest to push shit that's catchy and pop-oriented.  That's why, every couple years when a rapper who seems ultra-gutta gets put on by a major label, the mainstream devours them thinking they've just found the definition of "what the hood's feelin".  Problem is, it doesn't take long before said rapper becomes too visible and doesn't seem so street anymore, and then everyone ditches them and moves on.

Jeezy's that kinda nigga.  He may be just about the most gutta rapper on a major label right now, but it sure as hell doesn't make his music better.  So, I don't think he catches too much shit from anyone (certainly not the people who have pushed both of his last two albums to Platinum sales, which I really don't believe he deserved at all).  Personally, I stick to UGK and T.I. for my "trap star" fix and at least hear the shit done well.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 12:49:35 AM »
How raw is it to moan in every single one of your songs?

This nigga be doo doo.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 01:51:18 AM »
Mainstream rap these days is all about "hustle" and "swagger" but where is the dope music  :grumpy:

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 04:34:33 AM »
His last album is pretty solid. The beats are knockin and he does what he does best, flow to the beat talking about coke, cars, and money.

Totally agree. Being a great MC requires numerous qualities: lyrics, delivery, consistency, charisma, etc. What Jeezy lacks in unique lyricism, he makes up for in presence. His distinctive rasp - which definitely makes him stand out from a lot of his peers - often compliments the agressive productions he chooses too. Yup, dude may only rap about coke, but that's his lane and he owns it for sure.

Your  point seems to be along the lines of the one I made in the DubCNN review of Jeezy's "The Inspiration." That writeup dropped around the same time the album did, but you can check it out here if you want: http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/theinspiration/
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 06:15:27 AM »
i actually like his shit...

songs like "im the realest" are dope

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 06:42:51 AM »
Jeezy is an entertainer, not a rapper, let's git that str8 first.  Second, rap isnt all about how many times u can rhyme "nigga" wit' different words and end it with a punchline.  If u dont git it, dont buy it, let alone download it.  Stick 2 that Talib Tweli album instead.
I only fuck with 10's

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 07:56:12 AM »
Young Jeezy's flow is just awful and he doesn't sound credible when rapping about cocain and guns. He's just another cheesy bling bling rapper.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

SGV

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 08:59:03 AM »
If Jeezy was from L.A. dudes here would love him.

everlast1986

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 10:59:35 AM »
I wouldn't be hard on him if every song of his wasn't a brag fest. Production on both albums is sick though.

We Fly High

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »
hes good in my books.

arthurnelson88

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • RIP Buster
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 04:56:11 PM »
Young Jeezy's flow is just awful and he doesn't sound credible when rapping about cocain and guns. He's just another cheesy bling bling rapper.

thenn u aint an official nigga then
I only fuck with 10's

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 01:41:32 AM »
I think Young Jeezy raps too much bullshit.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
jeezy's stuff is not the type of shit i could listen to at home or whatever, but in the car on the way to the club, or in the club. His shit is good to me

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »
If it's old for you, don't listen to it.

I can't feel most underground rappers because most don't have swagger. You can rap your ass off but if I can't relate to you then off it goes.

So you can relate to coke, good for you!  :raisetheroof:

Al Bundy

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 01:00:57 PM »
If it's old for you, don't listen to it.

I can't feel most underground rappers because most don't have swagger. You can rap your ass off but if I can't relate to you then off it goes.

So you can relate to coke, good for you!  :raisetheroof:

Hustling, yes. Coke? Been around it. Done it? No. Sold it? Yes. Beat a bitch niggas ass? Yes. Bitch nigga? No. Sucka? Sucka free  8)