Author Topic: Ruben Patterson signs with the Clippers  (Read 154 times)

GangstaBoogy

Ruben Patterson signs with the Clippers
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:32:45 PM »
The Los Angeles Clippers signed athletic forward Ruben Patterson, the team announced on Wednesday.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

A nine-year veteran, Patterson is coming off arguably his best season in the NBA with the Milwaukee Bucks, establishing career highs with 14.7 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.9 assists while shooting a career-best 55 percent from the field in 81 games.

"We are thrilled to add Ruben to our team," Clippers vice president of basketball operations Elgin Baylor said. "Ruben plays hard every single night. He is an aggressive defensive player and has a real enthusiasm for the game. He gives 100 percent every game."

Known for his non-stop motor on the court and his erratic behavior off it, Patterson still is one of the NBA's best defenders. A forward with leaping ability, the 6-5 Patterson brings some much-needed athleticism to the Clippers.

"I am really excited by our signing of Ruben Patterson," Los Angeles coach Mike Dunleavy said. "He is a great competitor. I have always admired the intensity he brings from game to game. His versatility will help improve our team."

Patterson has averaged 10.9 points and 4.2 rebounds for his career with four teams. He will have an important role with his fifth club, which is shorthanded on the front line with superstar forward Elton Brand likely out for the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Wrong Los Angeles team fucker!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

Re: Ruben Patterson signs with the Clippers
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:45:47 PM »
How long is Brand out again?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:04 PM »
You want the self-proclaimed "Kobe stopper" on the Lakers? LOL. We're stacked at the perimeter! Nice signing for the Clippers. Wont make a different in their up-coming playoffless season though.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:18 PM »
How long is Brand out again?

at least another 5-6 months.