Author Topic: Maino Signs With Atlantic Records  (Read 98 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Maino Signs With Atlantic Records
« on: August 28, 2007, 07:15:21 AM »
On Friday, August 17, Brooklyn rapper Maino officially inked a deal with Atlantic Records for his Hustle Hard imprint and upcoming debut album, Death Before Dishonor. Maino, who was previously signed to Universal Records, gained notoriety in 2004 with his song “Rumors,” an ode to taboo hearsay such as DMX’s alleged drug habit and Trina’s alleged bi-sexual escapades. Now, with his deal with Atlantic Records finalized, Maino is happy to have a new home. “I’m very happy,” Maino tells XXLMag.com exclusively. “I’m not going to be stuck in a situation where I’m stuck for a million years. I’m in a great position. I’m in a way better position than I could have ever dreamed about being at Universal.”

In addition to his new deal, Maino reveals to XXLMag.com that fellow label-mate, T.I., is co-signing the Brooklyn rapper and working with him on his debut album. “I’m signed with Atlantic but I’m riding with Grand Hustle,” he says. “It’s all in the same building. It only makes sense to fuck with another real nigga. We’re all coming through Atlantic anyway.” While the pairing may seem odd, Maino and T.I. met in Los Angeles and quickly became friends. “We chopped it up a few times. Then when I was out in L.A. a while back, we talked about really doing business together,” Maino tells XXLMag.com. “It only made sense. It feels good. This is the first time you have a dude from New York really doing his thing and a dude who is already solidified in the game coming together from the South. It’s like terrorism, man. You put those two elements together, it’s like history we’re talking about right now.” As far as T.I.’s involvement in Death Before Dishonor, Maino says. “I pretty much have a solid foundation. He’s going to add to it.”

Hope workin with T.I. don't affect the quality of the music, but it's koo nonetheless workin with him will get him alot more exposure :raisetheroof:

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Maino Signs With Atlantic Records
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:30 AM »
T.I.? No not T.I. Fuckkkk.

Not hating on T.I. But I don't see how Maino and him click.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »
that's dope man, T.I. should have a good hand in the album...for those who say no, peep ANY T.I./Just Blaze track!!...Maino, I am hoping gets the majority of his beats from Blaze, and T.I. can help him get exposure by rapping over a few of them

B.G.
Maino
Wyclef Jean

3 artists who are NOT signed 2 Grand Hustle, that T.I. is playing a big role in there albums..That's why he's on top of the game
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »
Brooklyn rapper Maino has just signed a new deal with Atlantic Records, after 50 Cent placed a call on the rapper's behalf.

In a statement released yesterday (August 27) that revealed support from two of the hottest MCs in hip-hop, it was announced that Maino has been signed to a major label deal with Atlantic.

"With the help of 50 Cent's personal phone call to Craig Kallman (CEO of Atlantic Records), Maino has found a new home at Atlantic Records," read the statement. "This new venture has cultivated a strong alliance with label mate T.I. and his Grand Hustle team, which allows Maino to explore the opportunity of expanding his Hustle Hard brand."

The long-time Lil Kim affiliate, and winner of last year's Most Consistent Artist on a DVD Award from DVD Magazine, has made the move from an underground staple to a major label artist. Maino is currently in the studio at work on his debut album Death Before Dishonor, which is scheduled for an early 2008 release.

Maino is also expanding his business horizons, having recently established Hustle Hard Publishing, that will publish books aimed at the street audience. The book publisher's first title Gangstas Don't Die is expected to be on shelves later this fall.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 05:14:41 AM »
First heard about Maino back in 2004 I think and dude is tight.  Glad to hear that he might get some exposure.  Hope TI don't fuck up his music.