Author Topic: Who do ya'll consider to be the most knowledgeable rappers?  (Read 669 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Who do ya'll consider to be the most knowledgeable rappers?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »
this might sound pretty homo but i didn't have a dad when i grew up and i learned alot of shit from rap to be honest.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »
that doesn't sound homo at all. i think you are the only person who's concerned with sounding gay to the extent that you are on this board. it's all right dude, there's no waiting in the wings to call us all gay. well i'd hope not anyway.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 01:06:53 PM »
Krs-One , Nas , Talib, Common, Immortal Technique, Hasan Salaam, Dead Prez,  The Lost Children Of Babylon, Rza , Poor Righteous Teachers, Cilvaringz, Hell Razah, Killah Priest, Issues, Chief Kamachi. Theres alot more FUCK MAINSTREAM RAP!!!
???

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2007, 01:20:13 PM »
Krs-One , Nas , Talib, Common, Immortal Technique, Hasan Salaam, Dead Prez,  The Lost Children Of Babylon, Rza , Poor Righteous Teachers, Cilvaringz, Hell Razah, Killah Priest, Issues, Chief Kamachi. Theres alot more FUCK MAINSTREAM RAP!!!
???

don't trip. dude just found the choir and started preaching.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2007, 01:40:10 PM »
Some of the rappers named here try to kick knowledge but they said some ignorant things in their music

swangin and bangin

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2007, 03:40:09 PM »
this might sound pretty homo but i didn't have a dad when i grew up and i learned alot of shit from rap to be honest.
true story

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 04:47:56 PM »
i'm just askin that question because someone had asked me that question and i don't think that there was any good answer that i could give. i mean, sure, some of these guys are smart and 'knowledgeable' but i don't really know how that helps anyone or makes anything any better.

i guess i'm just really tired of hearin guys talk about how 'smart' rappers are when i don't see any of them doin shit for their communities. it's like - yeah, i'm smart, but i don't do shit with it to better myself or anyone around me. it was just a question coming from a biased guy (me) that sees little or no benefit of rap music on society any more...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »
i'm just askin that question because someone had asked me that question and i don't think that there was any good answer that i could give. i mean, sure, some of these guys are smart and 'knowledgeable' but i don't really know how that helps anyone or makes anything any better.

i guess i'm just really tired of hearin guys talk about how 'smart' rappers are when i don't see any of them doin shit for their communities. it's like - yeah, i'm smart, but i don't do shit with it to better myself or anyone around me. it was just a question coming from a biased guy (me) that sees little or no benefit of rap music on society any more...

that's all artists though.
music and otherwise
-T

westcoastavengers.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 03:08:39 PM »
They also is inspiring to people to learn up on thangs and gain knowledge. You can tell when a rapper is intelligent or not, so when they are rappin' about somethang you know nuthin' about or when they are rappin' on a record about having intelligence, they are at least inspiring alot of cat's to learn more. I know I would rather learn from one of them instead of a teacher I have in school. And I'm sure that speaks for alotta people.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
lmao some of yall dudes are retarded..."cuz he reads books and shit" "studies islam"

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2007, 04:14:56 PM »
They also is inspiring to people to learn up on thangs and gain knowledge. You can tell when a rapper is intelligent or not, so when they are rappin' about somethang you know nuthin' about or when they are rappin' on a record about having intelligence, they are at least inspiring alot of cat's to learn more. I know I would rather learn from one of them instead of a teacher I have in school. And I'm sure that speaks for alotta people.

damn, the south/east must suck cause I've really liked most of my teachers. But it's a liberal ass area so  teachers are all cool artistic people whereas out there I guess there'd be more conservative teachers.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 04:37:26 PM »
I just like to have teachers who speak like me. LMAO. You know what I'm sayin'. Vocab throws me off.

But it's like, if you tell a nigga to read somethang written in somethang along the lines of being 'ghetto', a nigga can't follow. Tell the nigga to read somethang proper, it's easily read. Crazy shit. But when it's spoken aloud out in words, it's a whole notha situation.

But I learn from people who can be my level, don't ya'll too though? I need somebody that's like right here wit me.

I don't know, but music makes me want to learn. From Motown, soul, R&B to Hip Hop. When songs are based around events, it's only right to know what they are talking about.

Word??

rik

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2007, 04:39:16 PM »
Benzino.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2007, 05:45:36 PM »
I just like to have teachers who speak like me. LMAO. You know what I'm sayin'. Vocab throws me off.

But it's like, if you tell a nigga to read somethang written in somethang along the lines of being 'ghetto', a nigga can't follow. Tell the nigga to read somethang proper, it's easily read. Crazy shit. But when it's spoken aloud out in words, it's a whole notha situation.

But I learn from people who can be my level, don't ya'll too though? I need somebody that's like right here wit me.

I don't know, but music makes me want to learn. From Motown, soul, R&B to Hip Hop. When songs are based around events, it's only right to know what they are talking about.

Word??

yeah dude, your teachers are right there with you. we're all on this rock called earth together. just be more open to what they're saying. it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, you've heard that right? it's harder for them to go down to your level than it would be for you to go to theirs feel me? meet 'em halfway, I bet they know somethin'.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 03:37:42 PM »
I know you gon' be one, you wanna be a High School teacher homie?