Author Topic: There is trouble in Yonkers, my friends.  (Read 279 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
There is trouble in Yonkers, my friends.
« on: August 28, 2007, 03:35:52 PM »
I know you heard about the beef between J-Hood and Sheek Louch of D-Block. Now, I heard that Hood is off the Block and in the city taking business meetings with a number or labels that have expressed interest in signing him. Now, I have heard that there has been friction, between these two on a couple of occasions. This all came to a head as Sheek is preparing his new album on Koch and Hood still kind of waiting for his to drop. Somebody said this to me:

"Now J-Hood has been the definition of loyalty throughout his tenure with the label, even though they've been shunning his project since he came in the game right around the time Jadakiss 1st solo LP, Kiss of Death was released."

Hood's Tales from the Hood has been pushed back more than Hulk Hogan's wig. I heard that J-Hood's CD features like a crapload of acts like Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, T.I, Freeway, Loon, Jae Millz, Stack Bundles, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, and Fabolous. Here is a lil' more info:

This story has a lil more weight than these typical industry conflicts. Hood has been through some colorful times in his past 5 years waiting in the wings. What people dont know is this kid is still chasing his dream. He still write rhymes from a 2 bedroom apt he shares with his mother and 2 sisters, after they relocated from a shelter they were forced to live in when their previous apartment building burned down. It gets real personal from here but the gist of it is basically, there's a lotta pain being endured by someone who only wants a chance to do what everybody with a record deal is suppose to do- release a record.

Last but not least – here come the diss records! Both Sheek Louch and J-Hood have been in the studio all week recording diss records against each other, I heard. There is a song called "Last of a Dying Breed" by J-Hood – there are some words on it. I don't know if we'll really see this pop off like G-Unit/BWS/Murder Inc, but the underground will certainly enjoy the lyrical fireworks if it ever gets to that.

Last of a Dying Breed
http://www.zshare.net/audio/334371200a6d7b/

Source: AllHipHop

Lunatic

Re: There is trouble in Yonkers, my friends.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:05:30 PM »
that's fuckin wack...hood should get his due man...i don't really follow n.y. music to closely, but i know d-block (ofcourse) and hood (from fans i know of d-block) always gets mad respect, and is talked of as one of the best members...

It's fucked up he been waitin that long 2 release his record when there garbage rapper (sheek) has released like 2-3 albums or whatever (im sorry 4 the sheek fans, but from what i've heard he don't hold a candle 2 the other members)...what's even more fucked up, is dude is still living in the ghetto, and he got an album waiting to be released, with appearances from hiphop heavyweights such as Jeezy, Tip, Wayne and so on :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 04:14:40 PM »
Like the article said, he a loyal ass nigga. He puts out heat after heat. Sheek is an aight rapper but J Hood is beyond him no doubt. J deserves his shine, like, now.

And if homebody gots to leave, than so be it I suppose even though that's upsetting. He's D-Block to the fullest.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
Heard he sat down wit G-unit too. That's a 'nahhhhhhhh' though.

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 04:56:34 PM »
"Now J-Hood has been the definition of loyalty throughout his tenure with the label, even though they've been shunning his project since he came in the game right around the time Jadakiss 1st solo LP, Kiss of Death was released."

wasnt it called "Kiss The Game Goodbye"??

j-hood got it bad, waitin ages to put a record out only gettin guest spots n shit.... my bet is he'll be on Koch in six months

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
Like the article said, he a loyal ass nigga. He puts out heat after heat. Sheek is an aight rapper but J Hood is beyond him no doubt. J deserves his shine, like, now.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »

j-hood got it bad, waitin ages to put a record out only gettin guest spots n shit.... my bet is he'll be on Koch in six months

that would be a good move imo at least we would get an album

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 04:33:32 PM »

that would be a good move imo at least we would get an album

Hellz yeah. That's what's up. He needa get over there than.

Narrator

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 05:51:16 PM »
Oh, I figured it was DMX behind the wheel again while visiting School Street.

rik

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »
J-Hood > D Block

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »
sheek is cool, he did g-unit pretty good, check out the song 'maybe if i sing'

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »
J-Hood OFFICIALLY leaves D-Block, rapper releases a statement

'It has come to my attention that multiple rumors are emerging and circulating around the internet and the streets. So I will use this announcement to clarify these statements.
Around 3 ˝ weeks ago I asked to be released from the label I've been signed to. After that occurrence all legal procedures have been properly handled in accordance. Basically there's an instance in which we all run out of patience and take upon action to better our situation. I think I've been loyal since the beginning to the label and the individuals that run it. I have devoted six years of my life to making our movement prosper with no realistic reward or success, knowing my worth and what I'm capable of.

If for any reason I happen to fail to accomplish what I intend to which is be successful, I feel more comfortable knowing it will be from a decision I made and not one that was made by the next man. The chain that supposedly was taken away from me is and has been in my possession since it was purchased but I refuse to wear it because I have mentally moved on, meaning I'd rather have no type of affiliation with D-Block at all. I'm past that point in my life I have a whole new focus, which is concentrating on making my new movement as strong and successful as possible.

And for the record the chain was not giving to me by the label but instead purchased by me, so picture me letting someone take it away from me. To put everything in perspective I will be releasing multiple freestyles and songs on various mixtapes under my own company. So now that I have clarified the situation. I will give you a glimpse of what's to come. I will be signed to my own label O.D.G Ent. (On Da Grind) as of next week. Last but not least you can log on to YouTube.com to see the five-minute video interview of me showing the chain and actual release form. Say goodbye to D-Block and say hello to ODG!'

:o :-\