Author Topic: i think the south is the new west and chicago is the new new york  (Read 83 times)

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
i think the south is the new west and chicago is the new new york
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:31:35 PM »
jus feel me out on this doesnt it seem like the south is getting all the same kinda criticism the west got back in the day about being not real hip hop and making the industry bad and it seems like alot of the mc's coming out of chicago are the ones saying something like the east used to do u noe like common,lupe,and kanye.. obviously this is very broad like that blu album was great and he was from the west but sounded like somethin else but wut do u think about my opinion?

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

herpes

Re: i think the south is the new west and chicago is the new new york
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
jus feel me out on this doesnt it seem like the south is getting all the same kinda criticism the west got back in the day about being not real hip hop and making the industry bad and it seems like alot of the mc's coming out of chicago are the ones saying something like the east used to do u noe like common,lupe,and kanye.. obviously this is very broad like that blu album was great and he was from the west but sounded like somethin else but wut do u think about my opinion?

i could see the East and Mid-West comparison.  But the south and west one I dont.  The reason the west got a lot of hate was b/c the east was jealous the west sucess.  The west during that time put out classic music.  While a lot of whats coming from the south is disposable.

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
Re: i think the south is the new west and chicago is the new new york
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:14 PM »

i could see the East and Mid-West comparison.  But the south and west one I dont.  The reason the west got a lot of hate was b/c the east was jealous the west sucess.  The west during that time put out classic music.  While a lot of whats coming from the south is disposable.
true didnt think about it from that angle that both are/were being hated on but the west put out dope music while the south is  :-\

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers