Author Topic: Better producer: Havoc Or Kanye  (Read 205 times)

d-nice

Better producer: Havoc Or Kanye
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:33:50 AM »
Well Hav put it out there in the infamous youtube video that has got him more attention then his album being out. So I was wondering who do you think is a better PRODUCER. Even the older material both have done take into consideration.

And for the record Havoc thinks Kanye is dope.  ;D God damn he was fucked up in that video.

Tha Crip

Re: Better producer: Havoc Or Kanye
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:17:48 PM »
im a big fan of both hav and kanye but they both have there own style of production, havoc most of the time comes with dark sounding productions, usually gangsta grimey typa shit, sometimes he comes with different sounding stuff eg: Why and that track on documentary. Whereas kanyes stuff always that same mello soul typa sound to em, sometimes he switches it up but with his stuff u can usually tell its produced by him without even lookin at the production credits......most of the time im in that gangsta rap mood so ive been jammin to the Kush lately (shit bangs big time), only some times do i feel like chillin and listenin to sum chilled out rap, and it definately aint graduation im listenin to when that happens lol, pharoahe monch's desire takes that spot
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Blu Lacez

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
Like Both!!
It's kinda Unfair to Compare Them, Seeing As how They Both Have Different Styles & Sound!
Kanye Is A Lot More Experimental Than Havoc, Thats How I Would Surmise This Arguement!

But Props on topic D Nice
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 12:49:21 PM by Blu Lacez »

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 01:28:14 PM »
Yeah I can see both points. I just threw it out there since Hav said it on tape. I dig both their styles. Havoc can make more sample heavy beats but he has that grimey NY sound down pat. One of the best at it. Kanye really does not have tracks like that but he does have some DOPE beats.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
gotta go with kanye easily for me, although havoc's work on 50s new record was top notch 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 03:06:41 PM »
gotta go with kanye easily for me, although havoc's work on 50s new record was top notch 8)

Yeah and I liked his work on Blood Money and his solo. He has been the only saving grace for me as far as Mobb Deep is concerned.

Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 03:28:42 PM »
I have to pick Havoc because he has so many classic beats under his belt (no homo).

d-nice

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:32:39 PM »
I have to pick Havoc because he has so many classic beats under his belt (no homo).

Yeah I was bumping some old Mobb shit the past couple of days. He has some classics, no doubt.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
Havoc because of how amazing old Mobb Deep was

Invincible

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
Shit this is a really difficult one. But I think I'm gonna have to go for Havoc due to his classic tracks from the past and I preferred the beats on The Kush over Graduation.

herpes

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 07:53:38 PM »
In another couple of years kayne is going to pass.  I dont think Kayne has anything that can touch the Hav's best stuff. But Hav has fallen off hard behind the boards.

Mygla

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
Easily Kanye for me... I'm not denying Hav's skills, because he is(was) definately talented, but his production style doesn't appeal to me at all... I can probably count the Mobb Deep tracks I really feel on one hand.

Kanye's much more melodic/soulful when it comes to the beats... much more my taste.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 08:35:47 PM »
Well if their old stuff really does count then it's easily Havoc for me. What does Kanye have that can touch Havoc's past productions??? I mean Havoc isn't even really that bad of a producer right now.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 09:28:18 PM »
Good question, Havoc has some classic hip hop tracks since about 94, Kanye has relay big hits since the year 2000's. You gotta also think he been here since hip hop been te strongest on a mainstream level.
With that said i see a lot more potential in Kanye to be a more versatile producer and work outside hip hop.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 11:08:42 PM »
As someone who prefers Kanye over Havoc, the fact remains that Havoc has more of an impact on Hip-Hop, and has more classic songs under his belt than 'Ye. Mr. West may have more classic albums with Blueprint and College Dropout, Havoc has a hits catolog that will be hard too beat. I think at the end of the day, 'Ye will get him, but for now Havoc has him on the overall leave.