Author Topic: Gary Payton to the Warriors?  (Read 424 times)

GangstaBoogy

Gary Payton to the Warriors?
« on: September 08, 2007, 01:01:53 PM »
Looks like he wants to play yet ANOTHER season. If I were him, I'd go with the management position.

Oakland native Gary Payton, unsigned for 2007-08 after playing last season with the Miami Heat , will make a decision about his future within the next week, his agent said Friday.

And one option he might consider would be to try to play an 18th and final NBA season with the hometown Golden State Warriors.

Aaron Goodwin said Payton is training to stay in shape, but he has not settled on which direction to take his career.

"He's deciding if he's going to take another crack at playing one more season, or maybe go to Seattle and work in some sort of management position, or go into TV color commentary," Goodwin said.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Gary Payton to the Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »
hilarious
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:42 PM »
he most likely will be coming back, he said he was unsatisfied with his last season. I posted about it a month ago...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 02:19:17 PM by Now_I_Know »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 05:18:09 PM »
retire already dude.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 12:30:08 PM »
isnt the warrior roster already filled?

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 10:10:57 PM »
rosters are never filled, they can release and sign players still. the roster isn't "final" until tip off.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 10:52:50 PM »
I used to be a huge Gary Payton fan when he was with the Sonics. I thought he was one of the most underrated point guards ever. But its time to hang em up GP.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 11:00:07 AM »
^^Funny how he went from underrated to overrated...LOL. He subsided quick as fuck.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »
^^Funny how he went from underrated to overrated...LOL. He subsided quick as fuck.

not surprising though. He came into the league with no jump shot and hardly any offense. So he was labeled as strictly a defensive player. So even once his offense developed, it took a while for people to notice (his underrated period). Then, as he got older...his defense slowed down cus of age and although his offense got pretty good over the years, it was never great. The start of his overrated period.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »
I've hated Payton since...forever but I'll admit - he was that nigga back in Seattle. I just don't like how he played for the Sonics for 13 seasons then started team hoping to get a ring. Especially since he was on some "I wanna play with Shaq" shiet every year.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
I've hated Payton since...forever but I'll admit - he was that nigga back in Seattle. I just don't like how he played for the Sonics for 13 seasons then started team hoping to get a ring. Especially since he was on some "I wanna play with Shaq" shiet every year.
^^it got him to the finals twice

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 06:20:04 PM »
that would be cool way to go out with tha hometown team

F-cisco

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 07:40:06 PM »
GP was the only Sonic player to show some guts during the 96' finals. He defended Jordan as best as he could and still manage to average 22 points per game during the series. The Reign Man was non-existent and , Shrempf and co pulled a whoodini and dissappeared poof! He deserves to go out on his own terms.