Author Topic: 50 and Kanye chart race  (Read 549 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: 50 and Kanye chart race
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
600 k in the first week is immpresive, but 2pac's "All Eyez on Me" reached Platinum qualification in just 4 hours, when it was released.

seriously

i dont believe that , but 1 copy equaled two sales as it was a double album. So it would be 500,000 in 4 hours really.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 04:34:21 PM »
600 k in the first week is immpresive, but 2pac's "All Eyez on Me" reached Platinum qualification in just 4 hours, when it was released.

When the internet was AOL 3.1.

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 09:47:00 PM »
where did you read this, just curios

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 10:09:59 PM »
A big thing to watch for will be the % decline in the 2nd week.  I think it's better than 50/50 that "50" buys up a bunch of his albums.  Then again, he talked about Jay doing it (which I'm 90% sure he did, had somethin like 80% drop in week 2 sales, lol) so he's prolly smart enough to buy up his albums for a couple weeks straight.  Sound crazy?  Maybe, but 50's ego is waaaay to big to lose to Kanye.  All signs point to 50 really slidin these days, and losing out to Kanye would be pretty significant. And shit, you know 50 throwin out $10 mill ain't shit for him.

All things being equal, I think Kanye would crush 50 by 33% or more if it's just fans buying them.

I'm coppin Kanye, and I'm hiding 50's cd when i find it, lol.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 10:25:44 PM »
Who owns the most units sold opening week? I recall Usher doing like 800k or 900k on opening week for one of his releases.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 10:32:43 PM »
A big thing to watch for will be the % decline in the 2nd week.  I think it's better than 50/50 that "50" buys up a bunch of his albums.  Then again, he talked about Jay doing it (which I'm 90% sure he did, had somethin like 80% drop in week 2 sales, lol) so he's prolly smart enough to buy up his albums for a couple weeks straight.  Sound crazy?  Maybe, but 50's ego is waaaay to big to lose to Kanye.  All signs point to 50 really slidin these days, and losing out to Kanye would be pretty significant. And shit, you know 50 throwin out $10 mill ain't shit for him.

All things being equal, I think Kanye would crush 50 by 33% or more if it's just fans buying them.

Thats fucked someone buying a shit load of there own albums LOL. Who gives a fuck who wins, as long as its a good album and dude did the best he could with it, and he could make some solid money out of it, why the fuck would u buy ur own shit just for bragging rights n shit like that, thats some stupid shit!!!

TRG

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 10:34:31 PM »
MMLP did like 1.7 mil first week didnt it

Lucifuge

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 11:00:23 PM »
MMLP did like 1.7 mil first week didnt it

yap!

they gonna flop :P
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 11:29:25 PM »
Funny that the article mentions Kenny Chesney in the mix - the group of people who buy both his and Kanyes/50s album is pretty marginal.

I'm not looking at some predictions though. Not even 1 day in and people are predicting numbers, what the fuck?

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 07:09:44 AM »
big day for hiphop 8)

not hip hop, hip pop

d-nice

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 07:12:30 AM »
Funny that the article mentions Kenny Chesney in the mix - the group of people who buy both his and Kanyes/50s album is pretty marginal.

I'm not looking at some predictions though. Not even 1 day in and people are predicting numbers, what the fuck?

Yeah it is funny, but on the real country music fans are loyal as fuck. I remember when Garth Brooks was doing music and the lines at ticketmasters would be MILES long to see his show. I would not be surprised in the least if Chesney outsells both of them.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:15:58 AM »
^^
That's true, and I know Country music keeps selling a whole lot these days. And I wouldn't be surprised either if Chesney outsold 50 and 'Ye. Still, funny to compare sales of products that cater to entirely different audiences.

THA ONE*

• 'G'
  • WELL KNOWN IN THE HOOD LIKE THE DOPE MAN PHONE #
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
50 selling 600,000 in the first week ain't good. Especially since he said he guaranteed a mill plus a while back.

Exactly...all that shit he was barkin bout how Def Jam was mad at Jay-z's numbers on Kingdom Come ( 700,000 +), with all the promotion he had....the fuck outta here, Hov aint have 6 damn singles and videos and shit, no huge publicity stunt with Ye, Ciara, Weezy, and make all that buzz and dough from vitamin water....Interscope is worried, 50 is scared....and they should be...Amusement Park, Straight to the Bank, Follow My Lead, Ayo Technology....he bet not sell 600,000....

SHEMAR MOORE SAID I'M DOIN THE CRIP WALK....I SHOULDA SMEARED OFF HIS LIP GLOSS

We Fly High

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007, 10:59:35 AM »

thats why i usually discount first week figures with these big artists, that would tend to do stuff like this. In my opinion first week doesnt really matter, cos the companies are just going to buy every single copy there is. but like Jrome said, check out the 2nd week declines, and the continuing weeks, and we can get a better idea.

in terms of marketing and promotions, 50 has been hittin the streets hard with all the street teams and everything, he had a lot of presence out at the VMAs and all that. Kanye has had zero street team marketing, i know people that be working out in the field, and they dont be seeing no teams out for Kanye.
However, Kanye has been hitting up all the radio stations/tvs and all that, so he's getting his promotions in through there.

and in recent light of the VMA, and with Kanye complaining about all that stuff.. yeah its publicity, but it might not be the best look to have considering its the day before your album comes out..

and finally,.. i think in the end 50 cent will still outsell Kanye. 50 has got the international game on lock. Kanye really just started fuckin with the overseas fans.. but 50's BEEN touring out in Europe and all that, his fanbase internationally is way more established than Kanyes...

just my 2 cents on this chart race..