Author Topic: Fantasy Football (American Football)!!!!!!!  (Read 1145 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Fantasy Football!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 09:25:58 AM »
the raider defensive line IMO is the best in football

Gerald Warren and Warren Sapp at tackles, if Warren makes the team which he should and should get the start later in the season, and Derrick Burgess and Tommy Kelly at ends... goddamn that's a d-line. Terdell Sands is a great starter well Warren gets use to the system.

But why sleep in the Raiders, one aspect of scoring is how many points allowed, and since the Offense sucks ass the D will be on a short field all the time, and allow a ton of points. That will hurt them.

1. OAK already had a very good defense and they should continue to be solid, especially pass defense.

2. The OL had talent but was horrible last year with all the 7 step drops and that ridiculous '70s style offense. Now, they're running a real offense which gets rid of the ball faster and gives the OL more help.

3. Also on the OL, they moved Robert Gallery from LT to OG and Barry Sims has taken over at LT which is an upgrade there. At C, they've brought in a now-healthy Jeremy Newberry to push Jake Grove.

4. Lamont Jordan is running like a man possessed this year and he has trimmed down a bit. A lot of people like him as a sleeper RB getting drafted in the 5th or later who could sneak into the top 10.

5. The coaching staff is vastly improved (couldn't get any worse). Yes, I know the HC is VERY young.

6. QB - McCown might actually start the season but Culpepper will play sooner rather than later (maybe they need him to learn more of the playbook) and when he does play, he'll look more like his old self then the shell of himself he has been the last couple of years.

Add all that up and you've got great sleeper potential all over the OAK team.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 09:33:04 AM by Bay Area Jat »
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 09:34:45 AM »
If the Raiders played in the NFC i would call them last years Saints. I think a 7-9 record in the AFC isn't a far fetched possibility

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 03:28:42 PM »
If the Raiders played in the NFC i would call them last years Saints. I think a 7-9 record in the AFC isn't a far fetched possibility

dogg, I'm a huge Raider fan, I mean, I have everything Raiders, check my MySpace and I got the trophies up and everything, but I know one thing, the O has a ways to go. I'm more looking to improve as oppose to making the playoffs. By years end I'm trying to have Culpepper resigned for at least another year unless Russell is fully ready to go, I hope this hold out doesn't hurt him too much. Now to your points.

1. The D is good, the DBs are young, talented and are ready to bang recievers back there. LBs are tough, and explosive, and the DL is just crazy good. But fact is they will be on short fields all year, and that increases points scored against. Also, last year the Raiders had the number 1 D against the pass but that's because no one passed against them when they are leading by 20 points. The Raiders were 26th against the run, and it will be hard to defend the run when your D is always out there because your O can't stay on the field to score.

2. The OL sucks, period. It was not the scheme, Turner couldn't get them to block, Callahan couldn't get them to block from the moment Super Bowl XXXVII kicked off and Gruden scared them into blocking. Robert Gallery is a flop, and should be traded for some draft picks in hope to get some better linemen.

3. Hopefully those moves will work.

4. Jordan is a beast, and his best years are about to come, but if they don't, watch out when Rhodes comesback.

5. A young HC is not a bad thing when your future QB is only 22. If Al stays with this group, this coaching staff could win titles in 5 years.

6. McCown is starting until Culpepper is fully ready, and both are only holding the reigns until Russell gets there.

In 2 years, I'd say sleeper team, right now, no.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Fantasy Football (American Football)!!!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »
im looking for the o-line to make major improvements and our running game to be great. not too excited about mcnown starting but daunte hasnt fully adjusted to the playbook. im willing to give the O the benefit of the doubt hopefully im right.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 11:55:42 PM »
I think im going to love my team. 8)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 09:39:41 PM »
I was so worried about my recievers, until Moss yesterday. Palmer, Gore, Benson (who had an off day), Moss, Hindes Ward, Dallas Clark, and the underrated Chargers D, I'm ready... and I think this team will do well as long as I never bench Moss again... lol. Cost me 16 points thinking he was still injured. Him, Ward and Randle El should be a good enough WR team to let Palmer, Gore and Benson take me to the title. Can I finish first 3 years in a row, and win my 2nd title in 3 years... we shall see.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 01:52:57 PM »
the draft me and my buddies had lasted close to 8 fuckin hours

Travis Henry = Rushing leader this year
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008