Author Topic: CLASSICS - THINK HARD  (Read 605 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: CLASSICS - THINK HARD
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2001, 04:57:42 PM »

Umm, dat list is all good and everythin, but E.99 Eternal waz left out by accident i hope. Theres so many reasons 4 dat album 2 be a classic, dont make me repeat everythin again.

And Stankonia and Gza were both classics also. No doubt.

Also Too Short's Life's too short aint up there either,
Be real man, dat shit is stright up classic.

It aint ur oppinion, It's a HIP HOP classic. ::)

Thats what im saying 7th. Ive already explained why E.1999 Eternal is a certified classic. The impact and influence of that cd cant be denied. I swear, me and you should make a "50 reasons why E.1999 is classic" thread. We'd school the fuck outta cats who try to front on that album.....I got cha back. Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2001, 05:15:58 PM »
yo hellrazor won't Creepin' On Ah Come Up be considered to have much more impact and to be more influential than E. 1999 Eternal since it came out before it?

Both Albums Get 5/5 From Me Though. But I Think Creepin' On Ah Come Up Is A True Classic Since It Had The REAL Impact And Influence Whereas E. 1999 Eternal Just Sounded Dope.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2001, 05:49:58 PM »

yo hellrazor won't Creepin' On Ah Come Up be considered to have much more impact and to be more influential than E. 1999 Eternal since it came out before it?

Both Albums Get 5/5 From Me Though. But I Think Creepin' On Ah Come Up Is A True Classic Since It Had The REAL Impact And Influence Whereas E. 1999 Eternal Just Sounded Dope.

True true. It all depends who you ask. I know alot of people that like Creepin better, but even more people that like Eternal better. Both are classic and two of my fav albums ever, but E.1999 Eternal was Uneeks musical masterpiece, and though Creepin came first, it was Eternal that REALLY defined the Bone sound. If you listen to alot of the midwest cats of today that use Bone's sound as their blueprint, their albums sound alot more like E.1999 than they do Creepin. When Creepin came out, it blew my mind and I didnt think they would ever top it, but when Eternal came out a year later i almost shit in my boxers. I almost cried that shit was sooooo dope. It was NOTHING like id ever heard before. Creepin wasnt either, but it still had that basic 'gangsta rap' sound to it. Its like they took all the cracks in the surface that were on Creepin and polished it up into a dark, gritty, evil ass street album. And the scary thing about Eternal is, it sounds BETTER to me NOW than it did back in the summer of 95'. If an album sounds BETTER 6 years after its release, thats the sign of a TRUE classic. Creepin sounds great still too, but not better. On the real, both albums are classic and its a matter of preference, but I pick Eternal cuz it was their true masterpiece, and was Uneeks finest production. Plus, Creepin was only an EP. Eternal was nearly 70+ minutes and was almost flawless from top to bottom, and the fact that it sold almost 9 million while STILL retaining its street credibility is amazing too. Just my take though. Peace.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0