Author Topic: What pisses you off the most about Wrestling now?  (Read 1068 times)

bez

What pisses you off the most about Wrestling now?
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:11:53 AM »
Lets make a list.

1) You know what pisses me off in Wrestling now? The way that the old WCW Heavyweight belt seems more important than the WWE Championship belt. For a start, I hate this belt, it looks taccy and I hate the way the wrestler who holds the belt has their name engraved in it, it looks stupid. This belt is horrible and everytime I see it I think of WCW. The World Wrestling Federation (Entertainment) belt used to be the belt that everyone wanted but now it seems like its second in line. That really pisses me off.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What pisses you off the most about Wrestling now?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 09:41:36 AM »
What pisses me off the most in wrestling right now??? Hmmm...Cena!!! He might be a cool dude in real life but I just hate him as a wrestler. Another thing I dislike are the belts, I mean they're not so important like they used to be. Back in the days when you had the Intercontinental Championship belt it was like "wow" but now nobody gives a shit about that. I mean c'mon, even the top superstars of the WWE were fighting for that belt. Also the matches aren't all that (I'm talking about WWE cause the matches on TNA are very cool & entertaining).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:45:02 AM by Bangin' East Coast »

Paul

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:52:08 AM »
the fact that wwe doesnt seem to be giving the fans what they want, and that is to be not only entertained by the wrestling matches but to get into the story lines,

its no lie that wrestling was on top when there were Groups and stables, like dx, ministry etc in wwe and nwo in wcw

it keeps fans on there toes, dont know whos is gonna join backstab people, surely they will bring some stables back
funkyfreshintheflesh

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:11:15 AM »
The predictablilty. Last nights Unforgiven, good example. It was so easy to predict Taker winning his match. Why even have it if everyone knows what the outcome will be? Plus, I hate that before a major Pay Per View event you see the wrestlers fight eachother like 10 times before the Pay Per View. Back in the day there was a ton of build up to the WrestleManias, etc. because the wrestlers would hardly ever fight eachother before they met at the Pay Per Views.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 11:29:20 AM »
Everything

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 11:46:37 AM »
The predictablilty. Last nights Unforgiven, good example. It was so easy to predict Taker winning his match. Why even have it if everyone knows what the outcome will be? Plus, I hate that before a major Pay Per View event you see the wrestlers fight eachother like 10 times before the Pay Per View. Back in the day there was a ton of build up to the WrestleManias, etc. because the wrestlers would hardly ever fight eachother before they met at the Pay Per Views.

Well, what did you expect from the UT match? It was his comeback, of course heīll win. I would LOVE to see someone lose in a comeback match (which could set off a character turn or whatever) but itīs the WWE and itīs not gonna happen.

What I donīt like:

Triple H
Orton
No competition
Internet giving away results (I just canīt stop reading wrestling sites)
No real tag team scene (think about the late 80s - early 90s; that was a fucking tag team scene)
Way too many pvps

and probably way more that I canīt think of at the moment.

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 12:28:32 PM »
batisa is so shit, he has no personality and no mic skillz, and he looks like he doin a bad goldberg impersonation. orton is boring , cena is boring,  ecw is boring edge is boring. hhh is cool, vince still funny to watch cos he an asshole.

and to the nigga who said they dont like WCW u must be out ya god damn mind! the NWO days was the shittttt, they ran shit, aint nothin ever gonna be near that shit.

wrestling aint what it use to be, wcw nwo and wwf attitude era was the best wrestling has ever been , and nothing will ever top that shit.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 12:53:37 PM »
the fact that wwe doesnt seem to be giving the fans what they want, and that is to be not only entertained by the wrestling matches but to get into the story lines,

its no lie that wrestling was on top when there were Groups and stables, like dx, ministry etc in wwe and nwo in wcw

it keeps fans on there toes, dont know whos is gonna join backstab people, surely they will bring some stables back

i came in the thread to say exactly the same

thought we was gunna see the start of a new corporation with the whole vince's son thing..instead it was hogswaddle...got a cheap laugh still but it could have been done better..i thought it should have been Kennedy....then have it similar to the rock with Vince doing everything to get and keep Kennedy champ...enlist Orton and Carlito and whoever was kissing mcmahons ass at the time...new corporation!!!...with triple h coming bk to antagonize him it would have been timed perfectly... 8)

instead whats the main storylines???...umm well ive actually forgot which proves how shit it is...dey should let me write it ;D

Dodgers#1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
it aint the same no more the story lines got kind of gay and alot of wrestlers r getting fired or suspened

SGV

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 01:46:09 AM »
I've been trying to watch wrestling lately and its horrible. There seems to be a Pay Per View every week. The Championship title belt seems to be on the line every week as well. I remember when Hogan or any Champ for that matter would only fight on special occasions. The tag teams are horrible now too. And this whole "brand" thing on WWF is weird. There's two Champs, but to me the Smackdown side of things always seems so second rate. ECW is garbage. Ain't shit hardcore about it. LMAO @ Ol' dude from the Real World being a contender for the title. How did that happen? That TNA show is cool and all, but that fake ass Kane/Mankind dude is wack to me. Kurt Angle and that Samoan dude are dope on that show though. They got some decent cats there, but their story lines are little weak to me.

I guess just wrestling ain't for me. The characters aren't there anymore.

bez

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 03:31:21 AM »
You know what pisses me off about wrestling ....

... the way there are no characters any more. Remember in the old days when it was basically, if you don't have a character and a persona then you are not Wrestling for this company. People like Austin, the Rock, Kane, Undertaker, and even if we look past that to the likes of Papa Shango who then became the Godfather, 2 Cool, Bret, Hulk, they were all good characters. Now I honestly think there is one 'character' in the business and thats the Boogyman.

You know what else really pisses me off about Wrestling. Is that WWE never got Sting after the buyout. Sting was the man. Everything about him was dope. He was a character. He looked dope in his attire, I loved the way wrestlers were afraid of him and feared him, and he was also a good wrestler. He could of done alot for WWE and also sold them a hell of alot of merchandise. It just sucks the way he never came to WWE and had a good long lasting career, as Sting, at the top of the game.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 07:48:41 AM »
the lack of depth on each roster and in each division pisses me off.

i think the Women's division might be the only one with enough depth which is quite sad.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 07:53:57 AM »
^I don't care how good looking they are, they suck at wrestling. They should only do bikini contests. The only woman I enjoyed watching at wrestling was Chyna. These "divas" need to step their game up.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 10:27:21 AM »
You know what pisses me off about wrestling ....

... the way there are no characters any more. Remember in the old days when it was basically, if you don't have a character and a persona then you are not Wrestling for this company. People like Austin, the Rock, Kane, Undertaker, and even if we look past that to the likes of Papa Shango who then became the Godfather, 2 Cool, Bret, Hulk, they were all good characters. Now I honestly think there is one 'character' in the business and thats the Boogyman.

You know what else really pisses me off about Wrestling. Is that WWE never got Sting after the buyout. Sting was the man. Everything about him was dope. He was a character. He looked dope in his attire, I loved the way wrestlers were afraid of him and feared him, and he was also a good wrestler. He could of done alot for WWE and also sold them a hell of alot of merchandise. It just sucks the way he never came to WWE and had a good long lasting career, as Sting, at the top of the game.

I'm kinda glad sting didn't go to WWE, the thought of him with that company just doesn't seem right. Hes doing fine in TNA now.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind