Author Topic: What pisses you off the most about Wrestling now?  (Read 1073 times)

Sikotic™

Re: What pisses you off the most about Wrestling now?
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 04:22:59 PM »
The lack of competition is definitely the thing that bothers me the most. I've been watching less and less wrestling since Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit died. It's hard to watch these guys on TV when you know they're working too hard and may possibly end up dead as well.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 08:36:37 PM »
Check out this quote from Jim Ross - from his weekly Blog

Jim Ross On Wrestlers From The 80`s:
"Stars of the 80’s would blow the vast majority of wrestlers of today away and would definitely be HUGE stars in today’s marketplace. Race, Rhodes, DiBiase, Steamboat, Midnight Express, R ‘n R Express, etc would all be wealthy individuals if they were in their prime today and many wrestlers who do have full-time jobs in wrestling would be looking for work" - Jim Ross

That's an understatment.

bez

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »
You know what really pisses me off about wrestling now, entrances and themes. Entrances and themes used to be the thing that got a crowd hyped before a match. A unique entrance or dope theme tune would signal a certain wrestler is here, coming to do damage in the ring and put on a good show for us. Where the hell has that gone now? Every wrestlers entrances are basically the same and theme music seems like it has been made overnight with no consideration given to crowd appeal. Remember the glass smashing at the start of Stone Cold's music!!! Remember 'Do you smell what the Rock is cookin!' Remember Rey Mysterio jumping out of the floor! Remember Edge appearing from the crowd? Remember Gangrel coming out of the floor in a ring of fire! Remember Kane and the scarey as fuck music! Remember DX, XPac, Macho Man, Ric Flair, New Age Outlaws, Mankinds (old theme). There entrances and music's basically made the crowd stand on their feet and show love and support. But now everyone is the same. Everyone walks to the ring with a shit music and people are like yaayyyyy. If you are lucky you will get some crap fireworks behind you. Just awful.

You know what pisses me off about wrestling now! Managers! Where have all the good managers gone that could play a decent role and always have the back of their guy. The Sensational Sherri's, the Mr Fuji's, The Big dude that was with the original DX, Chyna, Sunny and a whole host of others. These was always a good part of wrestling for me as they would always be a ringside and getting involved in the match. E.G, Deborah showing her 'puppies' to the ref as a distraction so Double J could get the pin. Whats happened to managers?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 10:56:08 AM »
^^Wrestling just has no more charisma in general...

rik

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2007, 12:14:47 PM »
^^Yup...Ultimately, I think the whole splitting up shit is what ruined it. It makes it everything feel so cluttered and much more annoying to try and follow. Wrestling died about the same time as the Attitude era...PeACe

real spit.

$Eg2$

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
#3 there are no REAL WRESTLERS anymore
#4 there storylines are pure garbage
like the other dude said too predictable
Thanx 2 Vince for makin ECW the biggest Joke ever

swangin and bangin

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
niggas makin bank though

$Eg2$

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:30 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
niggas makin bank though

yeeah no doubt Swangin I try and watch 2 give it a chance but its no good yo :'(

swangin and bangin

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
niggas makin bank though

yeeah no doubt Swangin I try and watch 2 give it a chance but its no good yo :'(
i dont watch it either
but my little cousins love that shit
1 is constantly doing the DX thing on his nutts, one thinks hes john cena, the other gets mad if some one says anything bad about batista
they got posters and shit in they rooms

but i use to watch it back in the day

my favorite wrestler use to be alex wright
dude had madd swag

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2007, 03:21:55 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
niggas makin bank though

dude had madd swag

The question is, did you like him as Alex Wright, or Berlyn  :)

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

swangin and bangin

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 03:40:14 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
niggas makin bank though

dude had madd swag

alex wright had swag berlyn not so much

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 03:58:30 PM »
#1 John Cena
#2 Batista
niggas makin bank though

dude had madd swag

alex wright had swag berlyn not so much

But yet Berlyn > Everyone that has ever lived

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 04:01:18 PM »
^
The Wunderkind Alex Wright, wow. I always hated his gay dancing routines, he was the definition of a babyface though. He just looked so "nice."

bez

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2007, 05:08:23 AM »
you know what really pisses me off about Wrestling now ...

The Hardcore Championship. 24/7! Of all the things not to bring back in Wrestling. How much fun and entertainment did we have watching Crash Holly rin into a hotel room with Earl Hebner and getting the pin over Mosh or Thrasher from the Headbangers. Just hilarious. Imagine how good this could of been now that ECW is back aswell. We could of had wrestlers going from company to company to fight 24/7 for this belt. It would of been great. Maybe some things are better off left untouched, but I truly believe the 24/7 hardcore championship was one of the best divisions back then. It was fun, entertaining, and gave wrestlers whom never really would make it to the big time a shot at something. Crash Holly made this division! God bless you Crash!

Paul

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2007, 11:55:04 AM »
You know what really pisses me off about wrestling now, entrances and themes. Entrances and themes used to be the thing that got a crowd hyped before a match. A unique entrance or dope theme tune would signal a certain wrestler is here, coming to do damage in the ring and put on a good show for us. Where the hell has that gone now? Every wrestlers entrances are basically the same and theme music seems like it has been made overnight with no consideration given to crowd appeal. Remember the glass smashing at the start of Stone Cold's music!!! Remember 'Do you smell what the Rock is cookin!' Remember Rey Mysterio jumping out of the floor! Remember Edge appearing from the crowd? Remember Gangrel coming out of the floor in a ring of fire! Remember Kane and the scarey as fuck music! Remember DX, XPac, Macho Man, Ric Flair, New Age Outlaws, Mankinds (old theme). There entrances and music's basically made the crowd stand on their feet and show love and support. But now everyone is the same. Everyone walks to the ring with a shit music and people are like yaayyyyy. If you are lucky you will get some crap fireworks behind you. Just awful.

You know what pisses me off about wrestling now! Managers! Where have all the good managers gone that could play a decent role and always have the back of their guy. The Sensational Sherri's, the Mr Fuji's, The Big dude that was with the original DX, Chyna, Sunny and a whole host of others. These was always a good part of wrestling for me as they would always be a ringside and getting involved in the match. E.G, Deborah showing her 'puppies' to the ref as a distraction so Double J could get the pin. Whats happened to managers?

man i agree with you on nearly every point so far, but especially these two
funkyfreshintheflesh