Author Topic: New DJ Premier blogpost! Some incredible information inside!  (Read 526 times)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
Re: New DJ Premier blogpost! Some incredible information inside!
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2007, 04:47:11 PM »
dj premier is like sex(no homo) still good after the 6000 times you do it

everlast1986

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2007, 05:40:15 PM »
I respect him bcuz I havent even reached his status YET  ;D but fact of tha matter is i've neva seen people go after Premier like they've done wit Dre, Premier never changes his drum/beat kit and Dre uses atleast ONE different instrument/drum in every track but still gets tha hate bcuz 4 w/e tha fuck reason.  All I'm sayin is that producers like Premier died wit' tha 90's- dont get me wrong he doesnt make bad beats but wats so "Exciting" about a couple scratches and samples, if thats tha case why aint folks out here hollarin' about Paul & Juicy, same DJ techniec but they still get "undermentioned" (* new shit lol).  Preme was tha 80's/90's but 00's have belonged 2 a new breed, NYG'z will b overlooked too.

I kind of see what you're saying but DJ Premier has been in top demand for a producer or near that until the early 00's. Maybe its good that he sticks to his own style and always keeps it like that so he keeps his loyal fans and his listeners don't get dissapointed with what they hear. You don't have to have a whole variety of instruments or sounds on a beat to make it exciting either. Whatever sounds good people want to keep hearing it and DJ Premier has been highly consistent at doing that and pleasing his followers for just about 20 years now. I'm a big fan of Dr. Dre and Paul & Juicy as well but they don't have the consistency Premier has due to a massive amount of biters and attempting to attract more of a mainstream crowd.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 11:51:19 PM »
I respect him bcuz I havent even reached his status YET  ;D but fact of tha matter is i've neva seen people go after Premier like they've done wit Dre, Premier never changes his drum/beat kit and Dre uses atleast ONE different instrument/drum in every track but still gets tha hate bcuz 4 w/e tha fuck reason.  All I'm sayin is that producers like Premier died wit' tha 90's- dont get me wrong he doesnt make bad beats but wats so "Exciting" about a couple scratches and samples, if thats tha case why aint folks out here hollarin' about Paul & Juicy, same DJ techniec but they still get "undermentioned" (* new shit lol).  Preme was tha 80's/90's but 00's have belonged 2 a new breed, NYG'z will b overlooked too.

I kind of see what you're saying but DJ Premier has been in top demand for a producer or near that until the early 00's. Maybe its good that he sticks to his own style and always keeps it like that so he keeps his loyal fans and his listeners don't get dissapointed with what they hear. You don't have to have a whole variety of instruments or sounds on a beat to make it exciting either. Whatever sounds good people want to keep hearing it and DJ Premier has been highly consistent at doing that and pleasing his followers for just about 20 years now. I'm a big fan of Dr. Dre and Paul & Juicy as well but they don't have the consistency Premier has due to a massive amount of biters and attempting to attract more of a mainstream crowd.

Yeah, even though that he on some track doesnt use so many sounds, the track can be dopeness because of his unique style..

MediumL

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 01:26:18 PM »
Wanna hear the Royce, Scarface, solo and MOP stuff. What disapointed me was no mention of Jay or Nas...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>