Author Topic: Gang Related Appreciation Thread  (Read 181 times)

d-nice

Gang Related Appreciation Thread
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:22:07 AM »
I threw this back in the ride after a loooong time of not listening to it, and this soundtrack is one of the greatest of all time, any coast. Probably even one of the greatest albums on the west coast as far as artists involved and the music. It really showed what musically DR would have been once Dre left. Daz was at his apex beat wise on this album. He and Pac & Tha Outlawz made a great team. So many classics, Greed, Staring At The World Through My Rearwiew, Mash For Our Dreams, Lost Souls, Way Too Major, the list goes on and on.

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Gang Related Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
yeah one of the last true great Death Row albums to be released, I know there were a few dope ones after that but this album had a lot of heat, all the Pac tracks are classic and the Daz and Kurupt solo's were too, that Cube track I almost forgot about that one, dope

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »
yeah one of the last true great Death Row albums to be released, I know there were a few dope ones after that but this album had a lot of heat, all the Pac tracks are classic and the Daz and Kurupt solo's were too, that Cube track I almost forgot about that one, dope

I really thought after that album, Daz would be a household name beatwise. But Suge went to jail, Pac died and people started leaving. That album was a perfect platform to set up Daz because he was basically the executive producer or "overseer" of the project with Pac dead and Suge in jail. He had already put it work on AEOM. But that is neither here nor there. But the beat he did for Gang Related with CJ Mac, Tray Dee and WC was  :o

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »
To me this was Daz peak as a producer around that time maybe '97, '98 he already had that great resume with Dogg Food, his work on AEOM, Gang Related and really R,R&GB was well produced as well, I don't know why he never blew up as a producer but when he hooked up with Mike Dean he really got rejuvinated and he did some of his best work, his work with Ivan Johnson is kinda hit or miss for me, I think he works well with Soopa though

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »
To me this was Daz peak as a producer around that time maybe '97, '98 he already had that great resume with Dogg Food, his work on AEOM, Gang Related and really R,R&GB was well produced as well, I don't know why he never blew up as a producer but when he hooked up with Mike Dean he really got rejuvinated and he did some of his best work, his work with Ivan Johnson is kinda hit or miss for me, I think he works well with Soopa though

Yeah RAW for me. After that he has used alot of co producers so it's hard to tell who contributed what. It always sounds like to me it is about equipment. His DR work= brillant, His indie stuff= ehh. His work with Mike Dean, JD, Soopafly= great, work with Ivan Johnson= good but not the same. But on this soundtrack he did most of the beats and they all were bangin.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »
this soundtrack is a classic! so many dope cuts on this : greed,way too major... 8)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 12:29:47 PM »
Yeah one of the best soundtracks ever with Outlawz, DPG, Cube, WC, Tray Dee, Tech9ne...

But the track that surprised me the most was "Devotion". That track is so smooth

Besides that my favs are    Stearin Through my Rearview, Made Niggaz, Gang Related, Free Em All, and These Dayz of course

dclee

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:33:08 PM »
great soundtrack. favorite song is These Days, but there's a lot of great ones here. I first heard this when i bought the Death Row Archives: The Soundtracks release that came out last year i think.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 01:15:24 PM »
One of my fav. soundtracks off all time:

"Gang Related" (Daz, Tray Deee, WC & CJ Mac) (Tray Deee's verse  :o )
"Way Too Major" (Daz ft. Tray Deee) (the video for it is dope too)
"These Days" (Nate Dogg ft. Daz)
"Loc'd Out Hood" (Kurupt)
"Staring Through My Rearview" (Pac & Outlawz)
"Free Em All" (J.Flexx ft. Tha Realest)
"Goin Back To Cali" (Top Dogg)
"Life's So Hard" (2Pac)
"Get Yo Bang On" (Mack & AllFrumThaI)
"Questions" (Tech Nine) (One of my fav. Tech 9ne songs)
"Made Niggaz" (Pac & Outlawz)

Str8 classic Death Row shit...

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 03:33:34 PM »
this soundtrack is a classic! so many dope cuts on this : greed,way too major... 8)

I brought this shit up a while back and some muthafucka was calling me mcfly from back to the future but anyways this is problaby the best soundtrack to come out

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 03:47:01 PM »

I brought this shit up a while back and some muthafucka was calling me mcfly from back to the future but anyways this is problaby the best soundtrack to come out

I remember that.
Someone asked if you just got out of a delorian right?  ???

Anyhow, This soundtrack is DOPE as Fuck, Man!  8)

:firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!