Author Topic: Game & Timbaland sued for "Put You On The Game"  (Read 202 times)

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Game & Timbaland sued for "Put You On The Game"
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:49:35 AM »
"Game better be game to take on a new lawsuit — an Indian music-and-film company is suing him and Timbaland over "Put You on the Game." The song was featured on the Compton, California, rapper's Aftermath debut, The Documentary, and produced by Timbaland. According to documents obtained by MTV News, Saregama India — which filed a similar copyright-infringement suit in 2002 against then-Aftermath artist Truth Hurts — claims the duo used the song without its permission and also cites a number of additional parties, including Aftermath Entertainment, G-Unit Records and producer Danjahandz, who co-produced the track. The company is suing for a yet-undetermined sum. ... But everything isn't so dire these days for Timbo — the super-producer is soaping up for a scheduled appearance on an upcoming episode of "One Life to Live" scheduled to air October 9. He will perform two songs from his recent Shock Value LP, with the artists who accompanied him on the studio tracks: "The Way I Are" with Keri Hilson and "Apologize" with One Republic."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1570159/20070920/dr_dre.jhtml

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game & Timbaland sued for "Put You On The Game"
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »
Hahaha, That's not cool. But I don't think Game & Timbo cares tho

kemizt

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:19 PM »
I don't get how that company sues them nearly a full 3 years after the song came out. I mean, when they went after "Addictive", that joint was right in the middle of rotation.

I guess it makes sense seeing as how Timbaland's status is through the roof right now. Dude probably waited for the right time to sue, or he's full of shit.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:00:17 AM »
^yeah I guess..

kemizt

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 06:24:12 AM »
Weren't they sued over the same shit already once before? Or is it just my brain tripping?