Author Topic: Mark Ecko to brand Bonds' ball with asterisk...  (Read 634 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Mark Ecko to brand Bonds' ball with asterisk...
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:23:48 AM »
Bonds' historic home run ball headed to HOF with asterisk

September 26, 2007
NEW YORK (TICKER) -- Barry Bonds' 756th home run ball will be branded with an asterisk and sent to the Baseball Hall of Fame, fashion designer Mark Ecko revealed Wednesday on NBC's "Today Show."

Ecko purchased the ball for just over $752,000 after winning an auction held by Sotheby's before allowing the public to have a say in what its fate should be.

Over 10 million people voted and were given the options of banishing it into space, bestowing it to the Hall of Fame or branding it with an asterisk, due to the popular thought that Bonds used performance-enhancing drugs to accomplish the feat.

The decision was a landslide as 47 percent of voters put their support behind branding it while 34 percent voted to bestow it to the Hall of Fame.

"We're going to be working with the folks at the Hall of Fame. It is a historical museum. We want to treat this ball as such, as an artifact with respect," Ecko said on the Today Show.

"You bet we're happy to get it," Hall of Fame president Dale Petroskey said. "This ball wouldn't be coming to Cooperstown without Mark Ecko buying it from the fan who caught it and then putting it up to the vote of the fans."

Bonds hit the historic 756th home run on August 7 off Washington Nationals starter Mike Bacsik, ending the 33-year reign of Hank Aaron as baseball's all-time home run leader.

The announcement came on the same day that Bonds will take his position in left field for the final time at home as a member of the San Francisco Giants.

LOL...I suggested this before the ball was even hit...Funny shit. Fucked up for Bonds though.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Mark Ecko to brand Bonds' ball with asterisk...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 09:59:16 AM »
The next clothing item I'm going to buy is an Ecko one. Gotta support this.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 10:05:09 AM »
lol

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »

haha LOL

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »

everlast1986

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 12:22:36 PM »
I'm not a fan of Barry Bonds by any means but that shit was mad dumb to do.

rik

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 12:27:27 PM »
Haha...that's tight. If I would have caught that ball I would have destroyed it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »
Haha...that's tight. If I would have caught that ball I would have destroyed it.

WTF? You'd be down to lose that much money?

rik

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 12:59:51 PM »

WTF? You'd be down to lose that much money?

I don't think you understand how much I hate the Giants and Barry B*nds.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 02:03:43 PM »
you would think with all this money this ecko dork would have stuff to do like fuck hot bitches or buy another few houses or something but I guess not,  this weazel has nothing better to do with his life than this lol.   and dont be stupid guys,  the hall of fame wont accept or showcase a ball in their museum with a asterisk on it, he hasnt been proven of anything lol you cant put up a ball in the hall of fame with a asterisk on when he has never failed a drug test,  when Bonds has a postivie steroid test then we can talk about this,    god damn fuckin witchunt,   the whole game has been juiced thanks to the owners and bud selig,  why just punish Bonds?  oh yeah cause he is way better than any other player you guys have ever seen in your lifetime or ever will.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:09:30 PM by Spice 2k7 »

herpes

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 04:17:37 PM »
you would think with all this money this ecko dork would have stuff to do like fuck hot bitches or buy another few houses or something but I guess not,  this weazel has nothing better to do with his life than this lol.   and dont be stupid guys,  the hall of fame wont accept or showcase a ball in their museum with a asterisk on it, he hasnt been proven of anything lol you cant put up a ball in the hall of fame with a asterisk on when he has never failed a drug test,  when Bonds has a postivie steroid test then we can talk about this,    god damn fuckin witchunt,   the whole game has been juiced thanks to the owners and bud selig,  why just punish Bonds?  oh yeah cause he is way better than any other player you guys have ever seen in your lifetime or ever will.

fag

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »
  and dont be stupid guys,  the hall of fame wont accept or showcase a ball in their museum with a asterisk on it

Umm, the hall of fame has already said they'll accept it however Mark Ecko gives it to them.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 08:38:08 PM »
nice like to see wat bonds says  ;D

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 08:53:37 PM »
  and dont be stupid guys,  the hall of fame wont accept or showcase a ball in their museum with a asterisk on it

Umm, the hall of fame has already said they'll accept it however Mark Ecko gives it to them.

they've already accepted it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 06:46:13 PM »
ball in the hall of fame with a asterisk on when he has never failed a drug test,  when Bonds has a postivie steroid test then we can talk about this,    god damn fuckin witchunt,   the whole game has been juiced thanks to the owners and bud selig,  why just punish Bonds?  oh yeah cause he is way better than any other player you guys have ever seen in your lifetime or ever will.

After the age of 35...after he started takin his stomach pinching shit

you're a fag
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008