Author Topic: Good Luck Chuck.  (Read 803 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Good Luck Chuck.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2007, 10:41:39 PM »
nope, he's just a hippie, you know, like our parents back in the 60's.

hah,

well I like movies that are sex based done in good taste. like chasing amy, there's a lot of sexual stuff going on there but it's hilarious and insightful.

or the unbearable lightness of being (novel), almost completely about sex and a piece of brilliant art.

you have to be doing it artistically and well for me to accept the art otherwise my mind will split in two, half focusing on the comedy and half focusing on sex. sex and art need to be artfully blended.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 11:06:51 AM »

LMFAO@hippies not liking sexual themes.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »
he's more intellectual, he could probably hold a conversation about nothing with socrate for 5 hours straight

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »

hah,

well I like movies that are sex based done in good taste. like chasing amy, there's a lot of sexual stuff going on there but it's hilarious and insightful.

or the unbearable lightness of being (novel), almost completely about sex and a piece of brilliant art.

you have to be doing it artistically and well for me to accept the art otherwise my mind will split in two, half focusing on the comedy and half focusing on sex. sex and art need to be artfully blended.

-T

Dizamn...I was actually about to ask you "what about movies like 'Chasing Amy'?"...I feel what you're saying though. The whole sex exploitation shit has gone way too far in pop culture. It's like you gotta have tits all up in your movies soley because "sex sells", not because it has meaning to it...Like you once said, you like the subtle shit. I can feel that.

PS...Tech N9ne is subtle.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:20:33 AM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 11:21:51 AM »
he's more intellectual, he could probably hold a conversation about nothing with socrate for 5 hours straight

Yea, we've met...he is indeed elabarote. dude speaks his mind and keeps it real.

let it spill!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 11:31:02 AM »
there's even some art that can have blatant sexualness and be done well. the first american pie for example, not deep art or anything, but it was a fun well crafted film that effectively used that hot naked ass chick.

but stuff like wedding crashers or 40 year old virgin? just looks gratuitous.

techn 9 is an amazing rapper and his production is sick, i just don't groove to it as much. it's not some shit that gives me and my day momentum if that makes sense. i think there was a song or two that you played last time i saw you though that were exceptions to that. i think i initially didn't even realize that those one or two songs i was grooving to were techn9e till you said something.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 11:47:51 AM »
there's even some art that can have blatant sexualness and be done well. the first american pie for example, not deep art or anything, but it was a fun well crafted film that effectively used that hot naked ass chick.

but stuff like wedding crashers or 40 year old virgin? just looks gratuitous.

techn 9 is an amazing rapper and his production is sick, i just don't groove to it as much. it's not some shit that gives me and my day momentum if that makes sense. i think there was a song or two that you played last time i saw you though that were exceptions to that. i think i initially didn't even realize that those one or two songs i was grooving to were techn9e till you said something.

-T

Yea...you kept asking "is this WC?"...LOL. Seriously though, I'd recommend you to get into his catalogue, cuz Tech is a true artist. Have you watched "40 Year Old Virgin" or "Wedding Crashers"? Both of those were crafted just as well as "American Pie" and were even funnier...I noticed you pre-judge shit a lot. Not that it's bad, you just have high standards, but try to keep an open mind...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 12:10:09 PM »
they just look so bad to me. i can't really commit the two hours.

and yeah cause if i gave all art a chance i would have no time.

as far as tech, the time will come.

for example i've known atmosphere and to an extent Murs were super dope for a long time but I'm just now getting into them on my own cause it's what i'm feeling at the moment.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »
^^^Wow..."Wedding Crashers" and "40 Year Old Virgin" are way more clever than "American Pie", IMO. It's not trash, and I truly believe you would like it if you gave it a chance...Like I said, you just pre-judge shit to the fullest, homie...It's all good though. Like you said, the time comes for everything, and sooner or later, it'll find you... 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 12:54:08 PM »
exactly, i'm gonna check out that movie 'knocked up' and 'grandma's boy' soon and 6 months ago I never would have watched either.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
exactly, i'm gonna check out that movie 'knocked up' and 'grandma's boy' soon and 6 months ago I never would have watched either.

-T

Yup...and once you watch "Knocked Up" you'll like it and you'll realize that it's from the same director as "40 Year Old Virgin", with a lot of the same cast and a very similar style of humor, you'll give that a chance as well and like it...PeACe

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 01:09:56 PM »
yeah i know knocked up, superbad, and 40yov are from the same team that's why i mentioned it.

the impression i get from that team is that 40yov was the big poppy one they did so they'd have the money to finance stuff they really wanted to do like knocked up and superbad though.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
yeah i know knocked up, superbad, and 40yov are from the same team that's why i mentioned it.

the impression i get from that team is that 40yov was the big poppy one they did so they'd have the money to finance stuff they really wanted to do like knocked up and superbad though.

-T

"40 Year Old Virgin" was actually a lot more crafty and subtle than "Superbad", so I think you'll probably like that one more. "40 Year Old Virgin" is moire like their "Chronic" or "Doggystyle" than it is "the big poppy one that financed the rest"....

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 04:49:08 PM »
LMAO

nice

-T

westcoastavengers.com