Author Topic: Hip Hop Paper...  (Read 506 times)

bez

Re: Hip Hop Paper...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 05:09:05 AM »
talk about gun crime and hip hop. How rappers have been slade due to gun crime and how their lyrics express the use of guns and weapons. You can relate it to many murders of rappers/normal people. Then you could argue it and say that regardless of rap music shooting have and will maybe always occur.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 05:31:07 AM »
Try some Omega or Picarta searches on hiphop culture political influence or something like that. Don't have access to it right now, but I'd help you tomorrow if you're still in need.
What is Omega and Picarta?

Omega: search engine that clusters the world's scientific libraries, including a great bunch of articles and texts to be found online
Picarta: scientific encyclopedia

not everyone has access to those sites. Better try google scholar.

http://scholar.google.com/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 05:36:56 AM by Robert de Negro »

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 05:35:37 AM »
Try some Omega or Picarta searches on hiphop culture political influence or something like that. Don't have access to it right now, but I'd help you tomorrow if you're still in need.

Omega: search engine that clusters the world's scientific libraries, including a great bunch of articles and texts to be found online

not everyone can log in on those sites.

That's why I said I'd help 'em :) What you said is true though, although I believe just about every college and univerity provides its students with access to such (similar) facilities. Picarta is a widely known example.

smegma

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 05:47:28 AM »

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 05:56:01 AM »

smegma

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 06:08:57 AM »
Wel he? Die lul weigerde alleen om een G'tje te geven, omdat ik duidelijk geen proof-read gedaan had.

Elevz

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 06:23:21 AM »
Nawoord

Ik vond dit werkstuk erg leuk om te maken. Ondanks dat er wat minder leuke dingen bijzaten, zoals het hoofdstuk over Machiavelli en het bijwerken van de discografie. Ik had die namelijk voor het grootste deel van Thugpoetry.com gehaald, maar daar stond het voor een groot deel slechts in kleine letters. Dat vond ik nogal slordig staan, dus heb ik daar zo’n beetje de helft van bijgewerkt.

Het vertalen van diverse artikelen vond ik erg leuk. Niet zozeer omdat dat vertalen nou zo leuk is, maar met de stof bezig zijn vond ik erg boeiend.

Wat me ook verbaasde, was dat ik in de vakantie echt hele lange dagen achter de computer doorbracht. Ik ben soms echt de hele dag doorgegaan, omdat ik het zo leuk vond. En daar ben ik toch eigenlijk best wel trots op. Ik wist niet dat ik dat kon.

Persoonlijk denk ik dat het een erg leuk en informatief werkstuk is geworden dat je zeker aan het denken zet.

Het barst van het plagiaat - ach, maakt het uit joh! Wel schattig, zo'n nawoord ;D

smegma

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 06:29:38 AM »
 ;D

vind je niet dat ik als 17-jarig knulletje wel erg in spreektaal schreef? :P

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 06:31:53 AM »
;D

vind je niet dat ik als 17-jarig knulletje wel erg in spreektaal schreef? :P

Ach, toen mocht dat nog... Lekker persoonlijk toch ook, een tekstje aan je docent schrijven!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2007, 07:46:31 AM »

not everyone can log in on those sites.

That's why I said I'd help 'em :) What you said is true though, although I believe just about every college and univerity provides its students with access to such (similar) facilities. Picarta is a widely known example.

Aight cool.. I'll get back at you if I'm gonna need some information.. It's in feb. that I have a week to do the paper..

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
Aight, so for history class im planning to do a paper something along the lines of Hip Hop being the voice of the black community, and in turn its culture/music's social/political impact on the US since it really kick up like 30 years ago.

I was wondering if anyone knows/has any online resources- interviews, videos, etc. that could be of help to a project like this?

also, does anybody know of any legit books out there on this type of subject?

anythings much appreciated

if anyone has any ideas for a better topic along those lines, id love any suggestions too.

thanks, peace.

lol at hip hop being the voice of the black community, thats pretty sad, its juz entertainment. wouldnt of been better if sumthin or someone relavent to this would be a the voice of black community?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »
apparently you havent gotten past tha dogg pound and eazy e. its not all jheri curls and impalas.

take a look at what happened in the 70s and 80s some time, parts of the 90s, and a little bit of the current day. you might be surprised.