Author Topic: Best Clean Versions  (Read 437 times)

Blu Lacez

Re: Best Clean Versions
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 07:17:45 PM »
Death Row was famous for this back in the day, I thought the Dre Day one was pretty tight some funny lines in that one ;D, the Clean version of Next Episode off of 2001 was tight as well Snoop ripped it
I've never heard that version!!!
where can i get it???
Is it the video version???

yeah it was the video version Snoop with the crazy hair in that one ;D , wish I had it but don't
Oh yeah!!!
that Was Fly!!
Clean Version done properly can't even make one hate the expl Versio!!

Blu Lacez

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 07:18:18 PM »
LOL @ the thread, because I've been on a massive hunt for clean versions since I started DJin for events that are on campus or around kids.

I love how they say "Bow wow wooooow" on the clean Nothin but a G thang.
8) ;D ;D ;D

Blu Lacez

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 07:19:49 PM »
Another good one is Too Short's "Shake That Monkey."  His delivery is much lighter on the edited version, he seems like he was pissed off when he recorded the explicit one.  The lyrics are so much more hilarious in the explicit version though.  Another example like that is "To Live & Die In LA."

Pac has always been fervent in changing up lyrics when it comes to Videos!

d-nice

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
Clean version back then were the shit because back then the artist was damn near recording 2 albums. One with the cuss words and the other the words actually replaced with something more suitable. I remember LL Cool J and Ice Cube saying that in interviews. Now it is just a bunch of space and bleeps and sounds to censor it and it fucks up the whole album. Artists now won't go back to that for clean versions though because it is too time consuming.

Hey Ma

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 07:50:10 PM »
I always thought they redid "Bow Down" pretty clean, same for "Gangsta Nation"

no1wammy

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 10:54:07 PM »
Clean version back then were the shit because back then the artist was damn near recording 2 albums. One with the cuss words and the other the words actually replaced with something more suitable. I remember LL Cool J and Ice Cube saying that in interviews. Now it is just a bunch of space and bleeps and sounds to censor it and it fucks up the whole album. Artists now won't go back to that for clean versions though because it is too time consuming.

With the whole Don Imus issue, maybe it's time to bring back the clean/dirty album releases. It'll really help with Wal*Mart customers, for instance: they don't release explicit versions on their live stores (not even online). So you would have to go to Best Buy or Circuit City, but they only serve the uncensored.

Let me add something cool: anybody seen how MTV does their censors? They are fucking hilarious.

ie: Dr. Dre f/ Snoop Dogg - Dre Day (scene where a fat guy takes the freak dude from behind: whole part is blacked out)
(Hee hee)

WC Iz Active

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 01:10:03 AM »
someone hook up the clean version of "I aint mad at ya"

sniperuk

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Young'Un
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 05:25:48 AM »
wsc - rappers in love has an alternate version too