Author Topic: Mellowman - Your Opinion, Plizease  (Read 169 times)

Trauma-san

Mellowman - Your Opinion, Plizease
« on: July 18, 2001, 06:19:39 AM »
Hey Just Had Another Question For Ya;

What Is Your Opinion On Snoop As An Artist These Days? Some Of Us Around Here Think That Some Of His New Work (Nightmares, 21st Street, Dogghouse In Ya Mouth, Half The New Eastsidaz Album, Henn And Buddah, Etc.) Is Almost On Level With His Tracks On Doggystyle (I.E. Lyrically And Flow Wise)... What Do You Think? Is He Just A Pale Version Of His Former Self, Or Tighter Than Ever?

Peace
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

southbound

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Take it DEEP!
Re: Mellowman - Your Opinion, Plizease
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2001, 06:29:14 AM »
good question! i was wondering the same thing, like how artists and producers see snoop as he is now

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2001, 06:52:12 AM »
Yeah, Check My Quotes, I Think Snoop's Off The Hizzle Right Now....

When I First Heard The Way He Was Running Dogghouse (Tons of Releases, Him On Each One) I Thought, Man, He's Gonna Rush This, And It's Gonna Sound Like Crap... However, So Far, We've Got

A Well Thought Out, Produced, And Written Eastsidaz Debut Album

A Well Thought Out, Produced, And Written Doggy's Angels Debut Album

A Nicely Done "Last Meal" Album With Huge Artists, Producers... Well Written, And A Definite Improvement Over His Last Album

A Nicely Done Bad Azz Sophmore Album, With Snoop Sprinkled Throughout

A Handfull Of Great Guest Appearances, And Soundtrack Songs, That Are All High Quality Stuff...

A VERY Nice Eastsidaz Sophmore Album, With Great Production, Nice Lyrics, Superior Flow (In My Opinion)... Awesome Album

Looking To The Future, I've Heard Pieces Of That "Jimmy Bones" Song From Bones, And It's Even Better...

In My Opinion, Snoop's Shitting On Every Other Label, Except Aftermath....

What You Think Mellow?

techniec

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2001, 09:04:13 AM »
dont forget snoop on bring back that g shit, he killed it!

mellowman

• 'G'
  • peace and funk y'all........al l y'all
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2001, 03:24:50 PM »
snoop just sucks anymore ;)!! naw, just playin. of course i love snoop. people been talkin about snoop fallin off for years now. no matter what he does people will always say he's not up to doggystyle standards. usually when snoop slips down its because of lack of focus or being around people who don't want to give him constructive ticism or make snoop work hard. snoop works with people who are willing to be critical or push him snoop steps his game up. from about 95 to 99 snoop wasn't doing what he is capable of. i think dre working with him again has been the kickstarter for snoop and now snoop is on a roll and the best is yet to come. the eastsidaz album is an indication of that. and snoop has purposely left some tracks off these recent albums for his upcoming albums. snoop is capable of being mc number one and he's showing big signs of coming to life. i also think snoop is tired of all the people bitchin about him and he finally has had enough of death row's bullshit. and he's pissed and attacking the mike like he was doin 10 years ago. the best is yet to come i think.
I take 7 mc's and put em in a line
And add 7 more brothas who think they can rhyme
Well, it will take 7 more before i go for mine
Now that's 21 mc's ate up at the same time

bodyrott

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2001, 03:31:16 PM »
Do you have any ide a if the lady of rage will be working with the dre again? I just found the Afro Puffs cd single the other day at a cd fair with the extended remix and all, like to see more Rage tracks with Dre.