Author Topic: KRS-One's Choice : 50 Cent or Kanye West ?  (Read 399 times)

drakeshakenbake

Re: KRS-One's Choice : 50 Cent or Kanye West ?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 03:48:45 AM »
wait.. isnt ayo technology on Curtis?  ??? Can't imagine KRS digging that.. There's a norwegian hiphop mag that put out " KRS DOES NOT THINK KANYE IS HIP HOP " on their site yesterday, because of the interview.

wcsoldier

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 04:26:58 AM »
At least he brought arguments on the table but some were NON -SENSE : the one with who bought Kanye album : is it "Hip Hop" public or the American public ? he DID implied that 50 album was bought by the hip hop public LOL ... even with the album for men or wowen thing ... I'm 100% sure there are more girls who copped the 50 album than Kanye one ... and if Amusement Park, Ayo , Fire are songs made for men , I'm lost 4 words

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 04:37:42 AM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 05:10:58 AM »
Lol@niggas being shook because of this. Would anybody call Kanye a better rapper than 50? If so, that nigga's nuts. Hiphop was also always more rhythm orientated than melody orientated. So there goes Kanye's better production right out the window. And lol@any nigga who prefers Kanye because his lyrics and his style have a more sophisticated vibe to it: First of all, 50 ain't aiming at such a vibe, he's got a different style, a different sub-genre so to say. Second of all, Kanye is more of the cocky pseudo-conscious type than anything else. Third of all, if you want to hear/see/experience something intelligent; then go to university/college, go read a real book, stuff like that. Don't go out and diss rap records or music in general because they don't challenge your brain or something. Cause firstly, it is kinda sad if Kanye's new record is challenging your brain. Secondly, a nigga needs time to chill. Just my 2 cents to yall elitist fags.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 08:44:02 AM »
sometimes i wonder aboout krs one

he is very inconsistent.
Yeah thats exactly it. I remember talking to a friend of  mine and he was like Krs One is shot out, and I was like nah your tripping. Now I'm starting to see what he's saying

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 09:34:53 AM »
Damn, they just asked the dude what album he likes and he gives a lecture. This reminds me of the ish Lupe Fiasco was talking about Tribe..."Just cause I'm positive dont mean I like positive artists." Negro, show some unity with the positive people so your next ish can come out and get respect.

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
I understand KRS's point-of-view on things, but I can not understand why he manages to listen to artist who still talks about guns after he has already sold millions of album (let alone the income he gets from his G Unit merchandise).
At least KRS can come up with some arguments to back up his statements. That's more than most rappers can do in a lot of interviews...

I don't understand this line of thinking at all. Does an artist have to be doing the shit he raps about for you to respect him? Is a gangster really something to respect? I give rappers that can rap their dues, and thats it.  I couldn't give a fuck if they live what they rhyme about.
agree 100%...its like ppl have never heard of poetic license sumtimes