Author Topic: One of the 2 best joints on Fugees the Score  (Read 281 times)

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
One of the 2 best joints on Fugees the Score
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:08:07 PM »
"Cowboys". There's so many lyrical jewels in this it's incredible. "I'll pull out my gun and plug 2 like Trugoy", "You aint got no guns, you off to the precinct, inside tough guys are feminine like sheena easton", "Dynamite, dynamite, Clef I got the cash..Clef:Let's skip town like Harlem nights", "My mamacitas carry real heaters", "Smokin' pure from the health food store while my whore slaps cops like Zsa Zsa Gabor". And homie at the end (I cant think of his name, but he's locked up) murders it. Aint he about to get out? Some might disagree, but I think Lauren's a better MC than singer.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:13:21 PM by piankeyfan »

"Who you callin' nappyheaded ho?"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: One of the 2 best joints on Fugees the Score
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 11:48:30 AM »
"Cowboys". There's so many lyrical jewels in this it's incredible. "I'll pull out my gun and plug 2 like Trugoy", "You aint got no guns, you off to the precinct, inside tough guys are feminine like sheena easton", "Dynamite, dynamite, Clef I got the cash..Clef:Let's skip town like Harlem nights", "My mamacitas carry real heaters", "Smokin' pure from the health food store while my whore slaps cops like Zsa Zsa Gabor". And homie at the end (I cant think of his name, but he's locked up) murders it. Aint he about to get out? Some might disagree, but I think Lauren's a better MC than singer.

I didn't get any of those metaphors.  The song isn't bad, but what the hell does skip town like Harlem nights mean... or who the hell is Sheana Easton.. what's a Trugoy? what the hell does it mean to say my mamacitas hold real heaters?

I need a translation.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:49:38 AM »
My favorite track on the album is still Fu-Gee-La

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:31:03 PM »

you know how many times me and my bvoys rapped this.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »
wow.. never knew they had a video for this track.  Nice video.  Kind of interesting that the Outsidaz recieved all this exposure back in 96 and had a connection to the Fugee's, and Eminem in 98 was kind of like an honorary member of the Outsidaz.. this is all interesting because you would never associate Eminem with the Fugee's, but it's an interesting connection.

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

I didn't get any of those metaphors.  The song isn't bad, but what the hell does skip town like Harlem nights mean... or who the hell is Sheana Easton.. what's a Trugoy? what the hell does it mean to say my mamacitas hold real heaters?

I need a translation.

First you said this like you never heard of the joint, then you appear to know it in your other post. Did someone clone your account? Anyway, they skipped town at the end of "Harlem nights" after they got the money. Sheena Easton was a Scottish singer in the 80's that was produced by Prince. Trugoy is a member of De La Soul that also has the nickname "Plug 2". Lauren is saying that her and her girls are strapped.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
The fuck, Bryan... You don't know Trugoy, and you thought all the Outsidaz were known for was their connection with Eminem?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »

First you said this like you never heard of the joint, then you appear to know it in your other post. Did someone clone your account? Anyway, they skipped town at the end of "Harlem nights" after they got the money. Sheena Easton was a Scottish singer in the 80's that was produced by Prince. Trugoy is a member of De La Soul that also has the nickname "Plug 2". Lauren is saying that her and her girls are strapped.

Just because I'd heard the song doesn't mean I caught the metaphors.  Simple as that.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 12:28:27 PM »
The fuck, Bryan... You don't know Trugoy, and you thought all the Outsidaz were known for was their connection with Eminem?

No, I wasn't familiar with the name Trugoy, and I've never thought the Outsidaz were that dope, and the only way I knew of them was through Eminem.  I also saw them in concert opening up for Eminem in May 99' when he was on his Slim Shady LP tour they filled in for the Beatnuts and nobody in the crowd was feeling their performance.  The best thing they ever did was this song with the Fugee's, and their connection with Eminem.  Just because your a fan of them doesn't mean other hip-hop heads are. 

piankeyfan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »
Anyway, it's a dope song.............