Author Topic: Def Jam Denies Nas' Claims That His Album Will Be Titled Nigga And December Rele  (Read 134 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Def Jam Denies Nas' Claims That His Album Will Be Titled Nigga
Published: Tuesday - October 16, 2007

Island Def Jam denied claims made by Nas recently that his next album was to be controversially titled Nigga on Tuesday (October 16), and that's not all.

The label also said that the rapper would not be releasing an album in December, despite what the rapper told a New York audience on Friday (October 12).

"There is no album release by Nas on the release schedule at this point," a source close to Island Def Jam Music Group chairman, Antonio "L.A." Reid, told FOXNews.com. "And they would be unlikely to release an album with that title. How would that look at Wal-Mart?"

According to the news channel, the rapper performed at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Friday, where he is made the comments in question: an album by the title Nigga was dropping in December.

Sorry Nas, looks like it's not happening.

Not only did Def Jam not support Nas' claims, but others within the black community aren't as well.

The Rev. Jesse Jackson wasn't supportive, calling the proposed title "morally offensive" and "socially distasteful."

"The title using the 'N' word is morally offensive and socially distasteful," Jackson said in a statement to FoxNews.com. "Nas has the right to degrade and denigrate in the name of free speech, but there is no honor in it.

"Radio and television stations have no obligation to play it and self-respecting people have no obligation to buy it. I wish he would use his talents to lift up and inspire, not degrade, making mockery of racism," he continued.

Source-ballerstatus

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
I knew it

kemizt

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm thinkin Nas may be gettin a little jealous of the shadow of Jigga's he standin in now, and just wanted some attention for himself lol.

Poor fella.....

Lunatic

why u make up an album name & date?...kind of desperate if u ask me :-\
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com