Author Topic: Daz New Album... (Review) Share Opinions Y'all (In-Depth)  (Read 922 times)

d-nice

Re: Daz New Album... (Review) Share Opinions Y'all (In-Depth)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
i thought the new album was going to be called only on the left side?

That album is still coming out next year with BWS probably helping out on the distribution side of things. I'm sure Juice and a few other BWS members will be on the album.

Paul

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 10:03:10 AM »
start a problem is the best track on the album imo, scodie killed it, the way switched up his flow :o
funkyfreshintheflesh

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
don't feel like reviewing the entire album right this second, but my fave tracks were Start A Problem, Do What The Fuck I Wanna, and Gettin' Money

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 01:54:12 PM »
Support Tha Mutha Fuckin Dogg Pound!! Pick Up Tha Whole Catalog!! "Gangsta Party" Iz Anotha Daz Dillinger Classic...
Tha Dopest Of His Newer Solo Shyt To Me Iz "Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP"... Swoop That Shyt Up... DPGC...
post that track, daz.  ;D

HAHAHA  ;D

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 07:04:35 PM »
sounds pretty boring. i like daz but i'm not really in any rush to get this. i will eventually but i need to get wc and sick jacken first.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 09:15:06 PM »
Daz, after hearing your shit, it's best you support yourself.  :D
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

jbel1021

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 11:33:51 PM »
Hey I'm new to the forum, and since Daz is my favorite rapper, I have to show him some love for his latest release. Actually, Daz commented on my myspace last year haha, when I actually had a myspace, so just wanted to let ya'll know that Daz really cares about his fans unlike most other rappers. This album is pure fire. Daz returns to his old flow and the beats are on point here. This is the type of album u have to listen to maybe 2 or 3 times before actually appreciating it. The first song, About That, really sounds like it has a little east coast flavor on it, and Daz really takes command of this song. Gangsta Shit samples Snoop's song That's That Shit. Daz rips this track, and it's very catchy. Gettin' Money is a decent song, however, seems a little outdated. Both Kurupt and E-40's verses are a little short, and it seems like Daz steals a little bit of the sportlight, but since this is the only song with Kurupt, I woulda liked a little more from the Kingpin. That's Deep has a very good beat and Daz hasn't written a song this deep, so it makes ya think. Got What U Want really grows on me quickly. The beat is really missing something. It doesn't sound like Daz or Redman would even be on this if u just heard the instrumental (still a decent song though). Caught Up In The Game is prolly one of the best songs on here. They really should've done a video to this. Joe Budden being on this track kinda surprised me. Seems like he hasn't been around in years. Get Ya Pistol sounds like it coulda been on So So Gangsta. Very catchy and this is the Daz we have all come to know. Gangsta Party 2 coulda been much better. Daz coulda gotten more creative with this track. Hussein Fatal has a really nice flow. I haven't heard this dude in years. He should really release and album, imo. Young Noble comes aggressive as usual. Guns Wil Blow has a catchy chorus. Daz and Yukmouth should really do more songs together. Tell Me What U Want is a nice laid back track. San Quinn has some clever rhymes on this and Daz sounds like he's actually really into this poppy song. Spice also comes nice. Do What I Wanna is my favorite song on this album. It has a rock beat mixed with a beat Daz usually uses, with a little southern flavor. Jayo really makes this song what it is like one of u mentioned before. Start a Problem is catchy, and Roscoe is on point. He's really maturing as an artist. Spice 1 fits in very good on this song. It's nice to see an OG working with a young gun. Good song overall. All About Da Money is a great song to end the album. I've really never liked Keak's flow, but in this song, he brings some game to it. Daz has the catchy chorus going on once again. Mistah FAB has the last verse and is on point as well. Overall, I'd give this album a solid 3.5/5. Daz puts out many projects and it's hard to have all good albums with everything u want. When u feel like listening to something new, Daz is already out with a new album. This actually reminds me of when 2Pac wanted to do that One Nation album. He wanted to bring ppl from the East and West and really get something going. Daz brings a lot of ppl from all parts of Cali, but the main thing is that Daz shows leadership on this album, and this makes me have really high hopes for his albums in the future.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:44:47 PM by jbel1021 »

jbel1021

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 11:47:41 PM »
sounds pretty boring. i like daz but i'm not really in any rush to get this. i will eventually but i need to get wc and sick jacken first.

Sounds like someone's drinking a little too much Hateraid. Sounds boring? Explain! lol

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 11:54:05 PM »
Its Gangsta Party 2, oviously its gonna sound similar to that one!!!
i know, but it don't work for me
yea for me the whole time i was jus thinkin of 2 of americaz most wanted

but y not thats a DOPE SONG it wouldnt be gangsta party 2 if it didnt sample the first one a llil bit

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Snoopafly-1986

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 03:54:31 AM »
start a problem is the best track on the album imo, scodie killed it, the way switched up his flow :o

Roscoe had the best verse but Kurupt was still talking nonsense Young Gotti magilla gorilla seems like he just is putting words together that don't make any sense :-\

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 03:06:12 PM »

Finally got a chance to peep this.

Current favorites are "Start a Problem", "About that" & "Gangsta Shit".

Spice 1 and Roscoe come with major HEAT on "Start a Problem" 8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

westsiderider323

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »
i think tha best tracc on tha album iz Gangsta Shit
i wuz kinda disapointed tho i hope Only On The Left Side iz sic

d-nice

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »

Roscoe had the best verse but Kurupt was still talking nonsense Young Gotti magilla gorilla seems like he just is putting words together that don't make any sense :-\

I thought Kurupt had a good verse on that song.