Author Topic: Let Em' Know What's Up.....  (Read 164 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Let Em' Know What's Up.....
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:39:11 PM »
Black Ice from XXLmag.com has a blog about the West Coast being absent from the B.E.T. Awards. He actually makes some good points in defense of us (and he's from Atlanta)....

Read his blog and then drop your comments and let people know what's up...

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=14994
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Let Em' Know What's Up.....
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 08:30:25 PM »
Wow...it was one of those things I figured I'd watch it whenever I happen to have the TV on, but I can't/couldn't even tell you when it is/was scheduled to come on...did they show it already?

It is crazy how we are completely washed out of the game right now, and most west coast fans could care less. I think the main problem as of today is that our commercial and catchy music isn't breaking enough ground, or doesn't have that same fire (or wackness, it's all subjective) necessary to make hit songs. However...I find it funny that these one hit wonders in the south still aren't moving any damn units, and are only cashing in on ring tone money...and that doesn't even go to the artists. We have great lyricists here, but most of them haven't been able to make crossover songs that aren't forced, stay true to their nature, and still have what it takes to become hits....such as "Rebirth of slick" "If I ruled the world" or even recent tracks like "Jesus walks".

It's too many ways to say it, but the overall fact is...the West has been washed out of the game, and it's gonna take much more than 2-3 artists to "bring us back" in any way.

maxpowers

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 09:15:59 PM »
The award show is for whats hot right now and lets face it, the west isnt hot right now as far as BET is concerned. SMH

SP0RTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside para vida
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 10:59:35 PM »
good to see someone else seeing we dont get no respect

5 Albums I'm Bumping Right Now (In Order)
Blu & Exile- Below The Heavens
eMC- The Show
WC- Guily By Affiliation
Westside Connection- Bow Down
Wu Tang Clan- Enter the 36 Chambers

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 11:24:18 PM »
good to see someone else seeing we dont get no respect