Author Topic: What really sucks about Crooked I not releasing an album  (Read 656 times)

Shango

Re: What really sucks about Crooked I not releasing an album
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 06:05:40 AM »
Could someone hook " ashes to ashes " up ?

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 06:45:35 AM »
I just hope he releases an album before he dies. Dude been in the game so long now he should just go Koch and release his shit

it's funny how much criticism Crook gets for not having released an official album in the 12 years he's been in the game... yet recently, Percee P from NYC (Bronx) finally released his 1st official album after 20+ years in the game... Stones Throw Records released his debut last month with Madlib producing the album... Percee P is/was an East Coast version of Crooked I in terms of garnering underground respect as a vicious lyricist without an official album (up until last month)... they call him "The Rhyme Inspector"... dude just did an interview with AllHipHop:

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/features/archive/2007/10/13/18684269.aspx 

you can see some freestyle vid clips at his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/perceep

you have it aaaaallllllllll twisted..

The critisicsm is NOT about Crooked I.. its about his fans.. they expect him to be the next Jay-Z, Kanye, 50 Cent, Snoop whatever... no one ever blew up like that who wasn't signed to a major.. (or who wasn't signed to a vanity label through a major).. and certainly not someone who has been through as many labels as crooked i has...

the reason he hasnt dropped is all about market confidence from the labels.. right now.. on paper crooked i is a huge huge risk.. you dont go through 3/4 record labels in 12 years and up and never release something unless theres something wrong with you, your team.. or something else.. is it all "just bad luck"...? really?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 06:49:54 AM by Seer - San »

EFFeX

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 07:34:43 AM »
I just hope he releases an album before he dies. Dude been in the game so long now he should just go Koch and release his shit

it's funny how much criticism Crook gets for not having released an official album in the 12 years he's been in the game... yet recently, Percee P from NYC (Bronx) finally released his 1st official album after 20+ years in the game... Stones Throw Records released his debut last month with Madlib producing the album... Percee P is/was an East Coast version of Crooked I in terms of garnering underground respect as a vicious lyricist without an official album (up until last month)... they call him "The Rhyme Inspector"... dude just did an interview with AllHipHop:

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/features/archive/2007/10/13/18684269.aspx 

you can see some freestyle vid clips at his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/perceep

you have it aaaaallllllllll twisted..

The critisicsm is NOT about Crooked I.. its about his fans.. they expect him to be the next Jay-Z, Kanye, 50 Cent, Snoop whatever... no one ever blew up like that who wasn't signed to a major.. (or who wasn't signed to a vanity label through a major).. and certainly not someone who has been through as many labels as crooked i has...

the reason he hasnt dropped is all about market confidence from the labels.. right now.. on paper crooked i is a huge huge risk.. you dont go through 3/4 record labels in 12 years and up and never release something unless theres something wrong with you, your team.. or something else.. is it all "just bad luck"...? really?

I hear you but... I consider myself to be a huge Crooked I fan and I don't expect him to become a Jay-Z or Kanye, but if it happens that'd be great. It's like I've been saying for a hot minute, B.O.S.S. does NOT have to have to sell 500k. He just needs to get it in stores to regain credibility with Hip Hop fans. He can continue to market the album and shop around to labels once they realize, he DOES have a following and then make moves from here. On the Dynasty forums I don't see anyone talking about "He is going triple platinum week one!" It's not about that, it's about getting the album out and moving forward from there. He's a great lyricist and has some incredible tracks and speaking for myself... I'm just waiting for some good music to vibe to.

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 09:55:00 AM »
make the following poll on their forums and get back..

"how many will crooked i sell"

- 4x platinum or more
- 2x platinum or more
- 1x platinum
- Gold or more
- less than gold

bet you get mostly 2x plat and up..

peterstannard

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
People who've listened to the album have said its the best album they've ever heard.

Anyone who is realistic doesn't expect him to do big numbers. The LADR DVD pushed 50k ish so I don't think its unrealistic to expect similar or slightly more for the album. 50k+ wouldn't be bad.
Audiohosting.org: Hosting the music industry.

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »
People who've listened to the album have said its the best album they've ever heard.

Anyone who is realistic doesn't expect him to do big numbers. The LADR DVD pushed 50k ish so I don't think its unrealistic to expect similar or slightly more for the album. 50k+ wouldn't be bad.

That would be better than what a lot of West Coast acts are doing on small labels these days...

Roger Ramrod

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 09:55:37 PM »
imo crooked is sitting on a goldmine (boss music) and he wants the album put out properly, thats why its taking so long to come out.  i dont think his previous label issues will have any affect on his future. obviously he wasnt gonna come out on death row, and for a while after that he couldn't release anything due to all the legal bullshit deathrow is known for. anyways i think crooked will do decent numbers when he drops but he'll go 4x+ plat in the longterm once people hear him. i'm THAT confident in this dudes skills and work ethic. btw a lot of new people are checkin for the hip hop weeklys now that crook made that xxl cover.

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
what if he never signed to tha row?
ok.now hes off death row, why he dont do shit?
good question, whats the main reason for not releasing crooks album?

F-cisco

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »
First of all, He needs to make amends with Snoop. By not doing so he's missing out on a potential larger fanbase. That's why the The EaStsidaz were so successful because of the massive promotion they received. Snoop knows how to market he's affiliates. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think Crook has been on any of the popular DJ mixtapes from NY. And there's no excuse for that other than not having enough "buzz". The one-hit-wonders are taking over the rap game why can't Crooked I follow suit?

d-nice

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 08:03:29 PM »
First of all, He needs to make amends with Snoop. By not doing so he's missing out on a potential larger fanbase. That's why the The EaStsidaz were so successful because of the massive promotion they received. Snoop knows how to market he's affiliates. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't think Crook has been on any of the popular DJ mixtapes from NY. And there's no excuse for that other than not having enough "buzz". The one-hit-wonders are taking over the rap game why can't Crooked I follow suit?

That Snoop issue is a lost cause. One or the other is not reaching or willing to sqaush it and Snoop for damn sure does not look like he will extend his hand 1st anytime soon.

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 09:54:08 PM »
The critisicsm is NOT about Crooked I.. its about his fans..
I consider myself as big a crooked i fan as anybody, but this statement is on fucking point.  Crooked I taking a shit is news, David Banner not knowing much about Crooked i is news, open letters, petitions etc  . . . delirious crazed fans
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

We Fly High

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2007, 10:48:26 PM »
imo crooked is sitting on a goldmine (boss music) and he wants the album put out properly, thats why its taking so long to come out.  i dont think his previous label issues will have any affect on his future. obviously he wasnt gonna come out on death row, and for a while after that he couldn't release anything due to all the legal bullshit deathrow is known for. anyways i think crooked will do decent numbers when he drops but he'll go 4x+ plat in the longterm once people hear him. i'm THAT confident in this dudes skills and work ethic. btw a lot of new people are checkin for the hip hop weeklys now that crook made that xxl cover.

come on dogg, youre still thinking about the long term? is his career going to be 30 years long? until hes like 50?? from 97-07 he's had zero records under his belt. so hes at 0 platinum with ten years already down. lets say he does drop an album on his 11th year, he'll never go past 200K on a record, and thats already like CRAZY stretching it. so lets say 200K a record, hes gotta do 20 records to reach 4x+ plat.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:50:39 PM by We Fly High »

peterstannard

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 06:27:14 AM »

That Snoop issue is a lost cause. One or the other is not reaching or willing to sqaush it and Snoop for damn sure does not look like he will extend his hand 1st anytime soon.

Why should Crooked I apologize? I seem to remember it was Snoop who said he wasn't feeling Crooked and that he wasn't a 1st team player, not the other way around.
Audiohosting.org: Hosting the music industry.