Author Topic: Matrix & The Terminator  (Read 1041 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Matrix & The Terminator
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2008, 09:43:51 PM »
i guess like in music, when  an artist makes a beat and uses a sample from another artist, they have to give that person credit right or like recognition. but your right when you think about it cooking wise, like recipes. it's kind of hard to put a hold on peoples ideas. i thought both movies were good, terminators and matrix's. From what I see, shes claiming that she wrote the entire story and they just tweeked it here and there. If thats the case then its kind of like, she does need to get some recognition. but if she wrote and book and they just got an idea from it and ran with it, then you can really penalize them for that. thats sort of like in class, you see someone do a problem one way, then you start to do it that way. But someone complains you took that from them, well there plenty of other ways, to solve that problem. I took a class on unions onetime, and its crazy how deep the history runs back.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Matrix & The Terminator
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 07:42:38 AM »
i guess like in music, when  an artist makes a beat and uses a sample from another artist, they have to give that person credit right or like recognition. but your right when you think about it cooking wise, like recipes. it's kind of hard to put a hold on peoples ideas. i thought both movies were good, terminators and matrix's. From what I see, shes claiming that she wrote the entire story and they just tweeked it here and there. If thats the case then its kind of like, she does need to get some recognition. but if she wrote and book and they just got an idea from it and ran with it, then you can really penalize them for that. thats sort of like in class, you see someone do a problem one way, then you start to do it that way. But someone complains you took that from them, well there plenty of other ways, to solve that problem. I took a class on unions onetime, and its crazy how deep the history runs back.

I think it's great to expose plagarism and mak the fraud artist look like an idiot. I just don't think legal action is needed. Now if you take someone's name and advertise it with your product and hurt that person's image then a slander penalty would be okay. If you lie about it a penalty could be brought into the equation but as long as you give credit or don't pretend you did it yourself then I see no reason at all to prosecute.