Author Topic: Stevie the Franchise Killer ready to strike again?  (Read 307 times)

GangstaBoogy

Stevie the Franchise Killer ready to strike again?
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »
Steve Francis did not expect much but sounded shocked that he might begin the season receiving little or no playing time at all.

With the Rockets’ rotation taking shape and apparently excluding him, Francis said he did not know what he would do, but that he might have to do “something.”

“That is going to be tough; that will be real tough for me,” Francis said. “If that’s the case, then I don’t know. I definitely didn’t come here not to play at all. Hopefully we can work something out.”

Asked what sorts of options he might have, Francis said, “I don’t know. I can’t say.”

My guess is Houston brought him back as insurance for when McGrady goes down and for depth come playoff time. If he realize that and get over his ego , the Rockets will have a real good thing going.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Stevie the Franchise Killer ready to strike again?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:01:55 PM »
i flip flop more than a pair of sandles about this move to bring back fracis but knowing that team they'll fly high for a bit then fizzle out at the end of the season.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:20:25 PM »
No way Francis gets over his ego.  Dude is trash.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:54:09 PM »
i flip flop more than a pair of sandles about this move to bring back fracis but knowing that team they'll fly high for a bit then fizzle out at the end of the season.

I think it was a good move depending on how they use him (and again, how he acts).

Yao Ming / Mutombo, Dikembe
Luis Scola / Chuck Hayes
Shane Battier / Bonzi Wells
Tracy McGrady / Steve Francis / Luther Head
Rafer Alston / Mike James / Aaron Brooks

^ That's a sick rotation. Too bad they're so many IFs.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:52:46 PM »
My dreams of Stevie coming back as a force is slowly fading away.  Alston is trash but he doesn't wear down and can go 48 minutes nightly.  Unfortunately he is the streakiest fucking shooter on the planet and has the tendency to brick layups.

Mike James.  I have never been sold on him and I'm glad he's not the starter and will come off the bench.  He constantly looks for his own shot.  And on that note let's talk about Steve.  Ever since Shaq called him out when he was in Orlando his career just took a fucking swan dive.  I hope he gets his shit together.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 07:05:16 PM »
yeah this dudes was so hyped before.

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 01:46:38 AM »
I remember this wannabe hitting a jumpshot and pulling his jersey to the side so we could see his titty (I mean heart)

Franchise, lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »
I honestly think he should start at point guard over Alston and Mike James... He's all-star caliber player with some confidence behind him...PeACe