Author Topic: Duchscherer signs one year deal with A's.  (Read 192 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Duchscherer signs one year deal with A's.
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091224&content_id=7853976&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Free agent Justin Duchscherer will be returning for a seventh season with the Oakland A's, agreeing in principle Thursday on a one-year deal that could be worth $5.5 million if he reaches his incentives, according to ESPN's Jerry Crasnick.

The right-hander made the move from the bullpen to the starting rotation in 2008 and put up dominant numbers. He finished with a 10-8 record and a 2.54 ERA over 22 starts, giving up just 107 hits and 34 walks over 141 2/3 innings, while striking out 95.

But Duchscherer, a two-time All-Star, did not pitch in 2009 after undergoing elbow surgery. He also sought treatment for a bout with clinical depression. Duchscherer figures to challenge for a spot in the A's 2010 starting rotation, battling with a group of young arms, including Dallas Braden, Trevor Cahill, Gio Gonzalez, Brett Anderson, Josh Outman and Vin Mazzaro.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Re: Duchscherer signs one year deal with A's.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »
hopefully he can stay healthy.
he's a great pitcher but injuries have limited him.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: Duchscherer signs one year deal with A's.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 01:27:01 AM »
thats my nigga right there.  i was actually hopin we woulda signed him.  ahh well, hope he stays healthy. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.