Author Topic: Torrents question  (Read 124 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Torrents question
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:40:34 PM »
I'm using Azureus for my torrent which is 3.50 gb and that shit is taking forever. Is this our torrents usualyy are long as hell?

everlast1986

Re: Torrents question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 05:06:47 PM »
switch your client to utorrent www.utorrent.com. Shits way faster. Seeders could have something to do with that too.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »
switch your client to utorrent www.utorrent.com. Shits way faster. Seeders could have something to do with that too.

What he said

kemizt

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 05:29:35 PM »
no doubt props 1+ to u both . i will check it out

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 05:51:03 PM »
Also sometimes you have to upload a certrain amount before the speed goes up

Torrents are weird
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »
the client wont matter, all that really matters is how many seeders are on the torrent. most ppl still limit the upload speed on a torrent, so if there's say 10 seeders on a torrent, and they all upload at 5kb/s.. that's 50kb/s that is possible, if there is only you downloading thats fine, but all the other ppl who are also downloading have to share that 50kbs

if there are alot of seeders and you're still getting shit speeds, make sure you have NAT configured correctly on your firewall, and port forward a port from your router to your desktop for your torrent client

you could also look at seeds vs peers, with a torrent you have a "swarm", which is essentially everyone who isnt seeding. the bittorrent protocol says you will always attempt to get the data from someone in the swarm first, if the piece of the file isnt available, then you'll goto the seeder
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:49:13 PM »
the client wont matter, all that really matters is how many seeders are on the torrent. most ppl still limit the upload speed on a torrent, so if there's say 10 seeders on a torrent, and they all upload at 5kb/s.. that's 50kb/s that is possible, if there is only you downloading thats fine, but all the other ppl who are also downloading have to share that 50kbs

if there are alot of seeders and you're still getting shit speeds, make sure you have NAT configured correctly on your firewall, and port forward a port from your router to your desktop for your torrent client

you could also look at seeds vs peers, with a torrent you have a "swarm", which is essentially everyone who isnt seeding. the bittorrent protocol says you will always attempt to get the data from someone in the swarm first, if the piece of the file isnt available, then you'll goto the seeder
Under the seed column its 3(3) and peer column 0(1) and the speed varies from like 20 to 50's. Is that good? and how can I configure the NAT and the rest?

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 09:09:17 PM »
^

That´s not good. 3 seeders and 1 peer/leecher is really really low. Imagine, a seeder is one that has the file complete whereas a peer/leecher only has parts of it. The moment you start downloading a file you basically turn into a peer/leecher yourself since you got a few files yourself and people will eventually start to download from you too.

But yeah, 3/1 is extremely low. Let´s say each one of these 4 people has a given upload rate (from their ISP) of ~30kb/s then you would have a maximum download rate of 120kb/s but that is extremely unlikely because 99% of the time you´re simply not the only one to download from them. That´s why you get low dl speeds.

Dunno what kinda file you want to download but as a general rule older files are slower (simply cause only a few people share the file) and newer files are really fast. New torrents have seed/peer numbers in the thousands or at least hundreds. That´s what you want to have. Maybe you can look for another torrent. Sometimes there are more than one torrent for the same file. Mabye there is another torrent with a better s/p ratio.

BJV

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 10:38:04 AM »
Getting 30kb/50kb on a torrent with only 3 seeds is pretty decent. When your looking for torrents always check the seed stats.

For the unpopular files you just got sit back and be patient.  :-\

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 10:44:02 AM »
Getting 30kb/50kb on a torrent with only 3 seeds is pretty decent. When your looking for torrents always check the seed stats.

For the unpopular files you just got sit back and be patient.  :-\
Yeah, I guess that's my only option, because I'm trying to download classics kung fu/martial art flix( shaolin, wu tang all of that). But damn some times it would be outrageuos like 1 day or 19 hours, so I like it over night and sometimes nothing changes still ridiculous