Author Topic: New Juice Interview - Death Certificate Mixtape November 28th Crooked I/ Roccett  (Read 211 times)

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!

Determination means taking no for an answer. Phoenix bred rapper Juice is the perfect example of how far determination can take you in life.

Hungry for a deal, Juice approached The Game with one of his mixtapes at a nightclub but was met with resistance from the West Coast rapper's bodyguard.

Not taking no for an answer, Juice laid out Game's bodyguard.

That kind of determination got Juice signed to Game's Black Wall Street imprint.

Since then, Juice has appeared on  Game's video's, been on two world tours and garned a large following.

He is now setting up his debut album and is planning to release his latest mixtape titled Death Certificate.

The Black Wall Street rapper recently sat down with Sixshot.com to talk about his mixtape, hip hop and knocking out Game’s bodyguard before he was signed.

Sup Juice? So tell me how you got started rhyming?

When I was young, my uncle took me to an Ice Cube concert and ever since then I was a fan of gangsta rap music.

Who influenced you in terms of music?

Ice Cube, Nas, Game, Common, Talib Kweli.

How did you hook up with Black Wall Street?

The Game was doing a show out in city, and recording with Swizz Beatz. There was a event at one of the local clubs, I had just completed my mixtape at the time, so I went to the club to see what's good.  I was at a point where I wanted Game to hear my music so I went to hand it to him, but his bodyguard grabbed my arm in a crazy way, so I knocked Game's bodyguard out. Real talk, Game respected that ... Listened to my mixtape, hit me on my cell when I was in Phoneix, flew me out to California and it's been Black Wall Street ever since.

Is it beneficial to have a boss who sold millions of records?

It is beneficial to have boss who has sold millions because it makes me work harder to be just as good, and strive to be better.  It's more than just the fact he's sold millions - I've been able to learn what it is to put an album together.

I was there during the entire Doctor's Advocate project.  I pulled all nighters with Game in the studio I was able to study what to do and not to do.  I've been on two world tours, and been able to see what a lot of artists new to the industry don't.

You really pay attention to your lyrics? Is lyricism a lost art?

I believe a lot of artists don't give a fuck about what they say. Despite me being a gansta rapper, I'm a lyricst with substance in my music.  On some real talk, the West Coast gets a lot of flak for being too gansta, and not really lyrical. I'm different than your average
West Coast artist, I pride myself on lyrics and providing my fans what they want to hear, but I keep the gangsta in it at all times.

How do you feel about the hip hop right now, is it going uphill or downhill?

I believe the industry is changing at a rate that artist's don't understand.  We got major labels cutting costs by firing people to focus business online.  I try to stay on top of the game by seeing what is going on, and one of the ways I do that is through Myspace to
stay connected with my fans.

I am one of the most viewed profiles without a single on the radio, ya dig.  I get about 500,000 views monthly because I stay connected with the industry and the people who
buy our music.  If us, as artists can't keep up with the industry, we're going to be left behind, and that's why I called my mixtape Death Certificate.

I believe this industry at times is full of shit.  I believe a lot of artists don't understand the risk they're taking with their lives.  As much as the good shit you can attain as an artist, the flip side is this music industry can kill you.  Being a new artist I fight for the death for what I believe in, and that's expressing my music with no stipulations to it.

It's hosted by Skee and Haze. Is It improtant having big DJ's hosting your joint?

To an extent, yeah, but when your the new breath of the west coast and good at what you do it don't really matter.  The whole point was to get my music spread on a national level.  I'm a West Coast artist, but I'm such a diverse MC that niggas from every hood will feel me.

I fuck with Skee because he is one of the most prominent DJ's in theWest Coast.  And DJ Haze is out of NYC, and he's got that on lock.  I also have DJ September 7th who's from the Cali Untouchable DJ's.  I think I brought the right connects to provide my music to the world.

Is there a lot of original music on there?

Yeah, I've got a record called "Put Cha Hands up".  I also got a record called "The W" which features Crooked I and Roccett. :gunsmilie:The track is going to really show the strength in this New West Coast movement.  I've got more available but you're gonna have to grab the mixtape, Nov 28th!!

I see there's a lot of big name guest apperances. How did they come about?

I have a lot of respect for each artists, and they share the same feelings when it comes to this music shit.  Right now I'm known as being Game's right hand man, the frontrunner of Black Wall Street, however at the same time I want people to know me more for being that nigga.  One way of doing this is by having the features I have.  Nov 28th, you're gonna know Juice is that nigga.

What direction did you take on this mixtape?

I really wanted to connect with the people.  I want people to know there is a new breed out here in the West Coast, and it starts with me. I ain't really gonna speak to much about the direction, I want people to vibe to it Nov 28th.

I like the artwork and the whole blueprint of this mixtape. It seems more like an album. Was that planned?

Of course.  I'm going to use a quote from Jay-Z, "I got a CEO's mind. The marketing plan was me."  (laughs).  On some real, I don't accept mediocrity, and that goes from my music to marketing and anything affiliated to my name.

How far do you see yourself going in the music industry?

I feel I'm a rare breed.  I feel my name will go down in the likes of Game, Scarface, Jay-Z, Nas, etc.

Anything you want your fans out there to know? 
Death Certificate November 28th. It will be available at www.myspace.com/juice.  I am the new breath of the West Coast and indue time the world will know what it is...Black Wall Street!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 02:00:28 PM by LongBeachsFinest »

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

LongBeachsFinest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mafia, Get it? Got it? Good!

"i was ultimate warrior to you bully ass niggas, i will come through the hood with the fully ask niggas"

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn props on this. "The W" which features Crooked I and Roccett, That shit sounds hot. Juice Crooked and Roccet. damn

SmokinDro520

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PillZ..HoeZ N DRO is all a G KnowZ
Props for the hook up.I dont believe he met game by knocking out his bodyguard.Im sure it would have been mentioned before. Hopefully Juice will blow up and put AZ on the map but theres a slim chance of that happenin.
PoP PoP THIZZ!!

Mixtape Fan

• Muthafuckin' OG
Props for the hook up.I dont believe he met game by knocking out his bodyguard.Im sure it would have been mentioned before. Hopefully Juice will blow up and put AZ on the map but theres a slim chance of that happenin.

No it has... I heard that shit went down but did not know the exact details until now... damn "The W" track sounds crazy I can't wait! ;D

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..
thanks!
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's a good sign that you need to hire new security...

As for the mixtape... I look forward to it!
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Mixtape Fan

• Muthafuckin' OG

haha, yeah... i'm sure he changed his security measures after that & probably fired that dude that grabbed Juice... september 7th has a new mixtape available for free download on his page myspace.com/untouchable7th, it's got a track with juice, warren g & focus that I have not seen/heard anywhere, I think it's at the end of the mixtape, i'ma go download that shit right now

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Goddamn, him, Crooked, & Roccett together on a track!? They mind as well bury the mic & have a moment of silence after that track's done because all 3 are gonna body that shit. But I can't wait for that mixtape to drop, Juice is one of the new West artists I know will blow in a year or two. 8)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
sounds dope

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!

haha, yeah... i'm sure he changed his security measures after that & probably fired that dude that grabbed Juice... september 7th has a new mixtape available for free download on his page myspace.com/untouchable7th, it's got a track with juice, warren g & focus that I have not seen/heard anywhere, I think it's at the end of the mixtape, i'ma go download that shit right now

No shit? Sounds like I need to take my ass over there too then. I want to hear that. 
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

thisoneguy360

Juice said that on an interview a long time ago, not sure for who

lilvasquez

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • [Black Wall Street/Presice Music Group]
dam cant wait

sounds sick