Author Topic: looks like dre jacked "round here" beat off snoops last cd toooooo  (Read 842 times)

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
Re: looks like dre jacked "round here" beat off snoops last cd toooooo
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »
in hip hop, theres a THIN line between sampling and stealing....

thats just how its been for a while.......I love dre, but yes he does steal sometimes.....even as a huge dre fan I gotta admit that, if u dont, ur just a dickryder.....what Primo does is sampling, and if u take a beat enough for someone else to recognize the sample, that means it hasnt been chopped up enough, which is fine since there are such things as doing covers....but when credits not given, thats when I consider it stealing.....

so the question is, did dre give credit to the song?? I dont know cuz I didnt buy snoop's cd so i dont have the cd booklet....someone confirm this
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:36:18 PM by blunts40sbitches »

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 03:38:08 AM »
I actually did a thread on this a few weeks back. I at first was clowning the sample, but Dre added so much to that track with the keys, bassline, organs, etc that he really made that track more sinister and gangsta. So as long as you flip the sample you are using and make it fit your sound, it's all good IMO.

sorry, where do you hear n organ?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:08 AM »
In the chorus you can hear an organ in the background.  I think the drums have been added to as well, there's obviously a piano roll in the chorus, and there's a bassline.  That's about it.  The rest is just a small loop.

Dre did an interview in the Source years ago where he mentioned that he always smacked himself because Puffy would sample things and Dre would think 'I've got that record at home... why didn't I think of that???'

This is an example of Dre sampling a great track he heard somebody else sample (Stan), and making it his own way.  I like it, it's a pretty nice track.