Author Topic: is there such thing as black saturday?  (Read 92 times)

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
is there such thing as black saturday?
« on: November 23, 2007, 07:16:12 AM »
Someone told me there's discount on saturday as well....so is it true?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

herpes

Re: is there such thing as black saturday?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:41:55 AM »
there is black monday where you find a lot of deals on the internet but black saturday I never heard of.

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 08:52:34 AM »
Nah I have never heard of that and I worked retail for a long time. Unless individual stores decide to do it that is on them.

Dr. Octagon

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »
Black Saturday refers to several events:

* Black Saturday (1621), a particularly dark and stormy day in Scotland.
    * Black Saturday (Lebanon), the December, 1975 massacre that helped precipitate the Lebanese Civil War.
    * Black Saturday (1983), the day Hong Kong exchange rates fell to an all time low.
    * Black Saturday (1984), the day Vince McMahon took over WTBS wrestling programming.
    * Black Saturday (2004), an attack in Yanbu, Saudi Arabia.
    * Black Saturday (France), a day of big traffic problems in France when many go on holiday.
    * Holy Saturday in the Philippines.
    * The Battle of Pinkie Cleugh, the last battle fought between the Scottish and the English Royal armies, in 1547
    * Black Saturday (Cuban Missile Crisis), the beginning of the military confrontation between the United States, the Soviet Union, and Cuba.
    * Operation Agatha, a British authorities operation in 1946 against Jewish military organizations in the Mandate of Palestine.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »
^^^HAHAHAHAHA