Author Topic: Tyson or Ali?  (Read 230 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Tyson or Ali?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 11:50:39 PM »
anyone who automatically says ali is kind foolish. it all really depends on how the fight unfolded.

in their prime

if the fight was stretched out,and was more about fundamentals, and tactics;  ali would probably win it because he was smarter, and more conditioned. he'd probably do the whole rumble in the jungle thing. (which i'm still bitter about)

however if things went up mike's alley, where it was down to just fighting like mdogg was saying. Mike would definately flatten Ali just like anyone else he knocked out before Holyfield.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

swangin and bangin

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 11:56:58 PM »
ok
now for my opinion

i think it would be a good fight

ali would do the running around and throwing out his jab, mike would try and cut of the ring and land a hard shot. but ali can take a hit and he would keep goin, jabbing and running around, tyson would get tired and do something dirty. points get taken off and tyson gets tired, ali does what he does and KO's him,

OR

alo doing his jabbing and running around, ali lands a lucky KO combo and ali goes down for the count.
tyson gives a crazy ass interview about eating babies and praising alah.

either way it wouldnt be up to the judges one would get knocked the fuck out

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
Ali in his prime would take on Tyson in his prime...that's all there is to it. Ali was a true boxer. It's like comparing Magic Johnson with Vince Carter and saying Vince has a chance of being greater because of his amazing dunks...PeACe

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 01:58:34 PM »
anyone who automatically says ali is kind foolish. it all really depends on how the fight unfolded.

in their prime

if the fight was stretched out,and was more about fundamentals, and tactics;  ali would probably win it because he was smarter, and more conditioned. he'd probably do the whole rumble in the jungle thing. (which i'm still bitter about)

however if things went up mike's alley, where it was down to just fighting like mdogg was saying. Mike would definately flatten Ali just like anyone else he knocked out before Holyfield.

Still bitter about Rumble In The Jungle? Jesus-effin-Christ, that fight was in the 70's. Now I could understand my pops saying that because he was in that era... lol.

Ali is a much better fighter than Holyfield... so if Holyfield took Tyson out, guess what Ali would do? Tyson can't handle anybody applying any type of pressure to him. All of them dudes he knocked out where scared stiff... until Douglas shook off the fear and put Tyson on his ass and destroyed the myth.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:08:15 PM by Styles1 »
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 03:14:25 PM »
i'm gonna have to go with Tyson on this one.  Ali was smarter, a more tactical fighter, but Tyson is an animal, and in his prime, no one has a chance against Tyson, he will just go for that crucial knockout.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 03:21:05 PM »
This is not really up for debate... Tyson shits on Ali all day, every day.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »
i'm gonna have to go with Tyson on this one.  Ali was smarter, a more tactical fighter, but Tyson is an animal, and in his prime, no one has a chance against Tyson, he will just go for that crucial knockout.

A Tyson in his prime tried that against the lowly Mitch "Blood" Green... and wasn't too successful at it. If you ever get the chance, watch ESPN Classic when they show Ali vs. Sonny Liston I and II and watch him in his prime. 

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 05:47:54 PM »
You can imagaine, but no-one will ever know..
Styles make fights in Boxing, just because he beat this guy, he can beat that guy....not in boxing.
exp not in heavyweight fights.

again, yeah Liston was defo one of the most feared punchers of his day, but in no way was he an attacker like Tyson.
Fraizer who's style is the closest you can get to Tyson, was a very limited fighter who pretty much lived on his left hook.
but otherwise was pretty much a punching bag with a crab defense.

again, it's not fair to compare era's..
and yes Ali was a master boxer, but you also have to consider what Ali you want to face a prime tyson.
the thing is most peole like to bring up the fraizer fight's ect..
but those fight's took place during what most boxing people call Ali's second boxing life, when he took way to many punches.

Love them both.
But Tyson is my dude.

Joe Louis is the Greatest.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:57:19 PM by Hatesrats™ »

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »
That "attack" that you speak of though.... was done against a multitude of ring bozo's.. 

Bulldog - Your Not Gafflin Nobody

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 01:23:48 AM »
we talkin about them both at the top of they game right?

id have my money on tyson all day every day baby

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 08:24:23 AM »
Has this not been discussed like 300 times on the dub??

Anyway id go with tyson ;)